2/26 Rangers vs. Sox

9 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Nastrini and Bush are supposed to go 2IP each I think. Leasure should pitch too.

Nastrini starts off with a perfect first on two grounders and a fly out.

Sox threatening after a Benny walk, Moncada single, and LRJ HBP loads the bases.

And Eloy GO gets a run home and leaves men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.

Moose K

Fletch GO

Promising situation fizzles

1-0 Sox

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard luck for Nastrini, as a ball hit to the OF apparently took a weird bounce off the padding for a leadoff triple. The commentary made it sound like there wasn't really much LRJ could have done with the ricochet.

The run scored on a groundout. A pop out and K ends the inning.

Nastrini finishes with 2IP, 1ER, 1H, 1K, 0BB.

Speas pitching now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Moncada single, Eloy double to left center got another run in the 3rd.

Leasure with a clean 4th, 2 fly balls and a K.

Ky Bush in for the 5th, generating some weak contact in his first inning.

Fletcher apparently made a very impressive play on one, but the next two bloops fell for singles. One was maybe playable per the radio team, the other was in no man's land in shallow CF.

Bush gets out of it with a K and a routine fly to LF.

Sox still up 2-1 headed into bottom 5, with Moncada/LRJ/Eloy slated for probably their last ABs of the day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Moncada's hits seeing eye singles, or the forceful variety?

First one wasn't particularly hard hit, second sounded more solid. Radio said they were shifting him to pull, and he found a gap both times. Hard to judge how much of either was more Rangers positioning, Moncada trying to hit 'em where they ain't, or some mix of the two.

• Like 2

Bush had a quick 6th, leadoff single erased by a CS then a K and groundout. He finishes with 2IP, 0ER, 3H, 2K, 0BB.

Ellard had a not quick 7th. He got 2Ks, but gave up 3R on a a HBP, a pair of doubles, and a single.

The last out of the inning was a Quero CS, so that's cool.

A bunch of the kids are in now, including Elko, Ramos, Colas, Popeye, and recent waiver claim Peyton Burdick.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Bush had a quick 6th, leadoff single erased by a CS then a K and groundout. He finishes with 2IP, 0ER, 3H, 2K, 0BB.

Ellard had a not quick 7th. He got 2Ks, but gave up 3R on a a HBP, a pair of doubles, and a single.

The last out of the inning was a Quero CS, so that's cool.

A bunch of the kids are in now, including Elko, Ramos, Colas, Popeye, and recent waiver claim Peyton Burdick.

If Bush can be a groundball lefty no. 4 type that would be very helpful at GRF and in a rotation of RHP.

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 2

A handful of highlights:

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Ellard sounds like a dud. 

He was really good in AFL, the stuff looked nice.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

20 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Worst part about this is Eloy still just smacks the ball on the ground

I would sign Eloy to a long term deal before his current contract expires. He is still young. You are not going to replace his bat (high BA and power) that easily or his Ernie Banks type demeanor, his personality and also, his good will towards WSox fans on and off the field. He likes playing here. I think most of his past injuries include flukes which can easily be avoided (celebrating a HR, reaching over a wall in ST to bring back a HR, stretching to beat out a single) and he is now being used as a DH.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tray said:

I would sign Eloy to a long term deal before his current contract expires. He is still young. You are not going to replace his bat (high BA and power) that easily or his Ernie Banks type demeanor, his personality and also, his good will towards WSox fans on and off the field. He likes playing here. I think most of his past injuries include flukes which can easily be avoided (celebrating a HR, reaching over a wall in ST to bring back a HR, stretching to beat out a single) and he is now being used as a DH.

Yes, give him even more guaranteed cushion to be lazy and unmotivated.  I think we have already learned that this idea didn’t work for either Moncada or Eloy the first time around.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, tray said:

And he says "hi mom" after he hits a home run!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tray said:

The Sox own a $16.5 million option on 2025 and an $18.5m option on 2026.  As of today, there is a near zero chance they are picked up.    The guy is a career .275 hitter, with an .811 OPS as essentially a DH. Outside of what looks today like a fluky 2020, his OPS the last three years is .785 from a guy who has played in 259 of 486 possible games or about half of the teams games.

There is no reason on god's green earth to extend this man as of today, unless he is willing to tear up those two option years AND take a large discount to do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

The Sox own a $16.5 million option on 2025 and an $18.5m option on 2026.  As of today, there is a near zero chance they are picked up.    The guy is a career .275 hitter, with an .811 OPS as essentially a DH. Outside of what looks today like a fluky 2020, his OPS the last three years is .785 from a guy who has played in 259 of 486 possible games or about half of the teams games.

There is no reason on god's green earth to extend this man as of today, unless he is willing to tear up those two option years AND take a large discount to do it.

Bye mom!

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

• Quin unpinned this topic