4/7 Game thread

Marlins up 10-1, will win their first game and tie the Sox for fewest wins in MLB. I expect the Sox to be the worst team in baseball this year, there is no hope for this franchise when we have the worst owner along with a GM and field manager who have no business being in their current jobs not to mention a bunch players except for one that no other teams would want.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Why so optimistic?

Was this meant to be a joke? Seems like this is actually a fair question.

Just now, The Mighty Mite said:

That’s 171 games, I think you meant 62-100, no way that this team wins 62 games.

I think he's saying that's Grifol's overall record. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Grinder said:

How much longer do I have to wear this bag over my head?

Until Jerry passes to another life ...

That was a bad game. 13 runners and only three runs? Moncada loafing on the basepaths. This should have been a win, and the fact that it wasn't shows how bad this team is. KC isn't as bad as in recent years, but to be swept by them even in Kansas City is lame. Trade Moncada now if you can. He's hitting well, maybe someone will be dumb enough to take him.

4 minutes ago, Highland said:

That was a bad game. 13 runners and only three runs? Moncada loafing on the basepaths. This should have been a win, and the fact that it wasn't shows how bad this team is. KC isn't as bad as in recent years, but to be swept by them even in Kansas City is lame. Trade Moncada now if you can. He's hitting well, maybe someone will be dumb enough to take him.

0-7 vs the Tigers and Royals. They're both worse than Cleveland and Minnesota too. Detroit just lost a series at home to the A's. Like I said the other day, we're probably the worst team in baseball. 

1-10 RISP

3 errors

Not that it really matters but this is the second game where the Sox had a lead in the 7th inning or later and lost.

Don't stop now boys!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

0-7 vs the Tigers and Royals. They're both worse than Cleveland and Minnesota too. Detroit just lost a series at home to the A's. Like I said the other day, we're probably the worst team in baseball. 

There's no probably about it. This is a AAA caliber team, minus, like, three players.

3 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

There's no probably about it. This is a AAA caliber team, minus, like, three players.

And two of those guys are probably AA guys.

• Like 1

I'd promote Colas, demote Vaughn, fire Grifol, promote Justin Jirschele.

It's actually funny that everyone screamed that they didn't want Salvy Perez on this team. Dude's OPSing .879. Can't have that because Royals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'd promote Colas, demote Vaughn, fire Grifol, promote Justin Jirschele.

It's actually funny that everyone screamed that they didn't want Salvy Perez on this team. Dude's OPSing .879. Can't have that because Royals. 

Do you know what a SSS is?

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Do you know what a .761 lifetime OPS is?

He's not going to have a career year at 34. His OPS by September will likely be around .700. It was .714 last season. That's how small sample sizes work. Unless you think he's going to continue batting .333 or whatever he's batting.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

He's not going to have a career year at 34. His OPS by September will likely be around .700. It was .714 last season. That's how small sample sizes work. Unless you think he's going to continue batting .333 or whatever he's batting.

Wow, are you a baseball scout or something? You seem really smart about baseball. LOL. 

Guess what? Pick any offensive number, and Perez's will be better than Maldonado's. I'm happy to have explained that to you. 

• Haha 1