4/14 Reds @ Sox 1:10

Just now, PaleAleSox said:

I don’t care how talentless this team is. You have to fire Grifol. These guys are playing dead. You have to try something. 

And the mental errors they made all of last year are still being made. Not paying attention to baseunners, poor baserunning, terrible relays….its obviously not all Pedro’s fault, but it’s also obvious he is a bad manager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I don’t care how talentless this team is. You have to fire Grifol. These guys are playing dead. You have to try something. 

We’re not even 10% through the season…just wait until we reach the dog days of summer and the team has fully quit.  Getz will 100% fire Pedro at some point this season, but my guess is wait until Memorial Day at the earliest.

2 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

He looks totally washed up.  The stuff sucks too.  

Yeah. Seems like a nice kid, but I would be shocked if he made it through the whole season.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

And the mental errors they made all of last year are still being made. Not paying attention to baseunners, poor baserunning, terrible relays….its obviously not all Pedro’s fault, but it’s also obvious he is a bad manager.

This team would be a disaster with or without Pedro, but these guys are going to get real sick of hearing Pedro saying “flush the losses” when they rack up 60 of them.  He’s obviously a terrible manager, but there is a little bit of strategy here in terms of when you fire him.  Let him rot through the first two months, fire him around Memorial Day and hope you get a few weeks of momentum out of an interim guy.  Then come July / August, you should start seeing some prospects come up and hopefully that adds some energy to the clubhouse.

3 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

He looks totally washed up.  The stuff sucks too.  

Note to self....the next time the White Sox trade a guy that I no longer want on the team for 5 guys that another team no longer wants, do not get too excited.

• Like 2
  • Paper Bag 2

14 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Exactly, Grifol has to go, we’ve said it a million times, the man has no clue.

Who do we bring in? Would Girardi or Mattingly want to come here to fix this disaster movie.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

58 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I guess they bagged the 83 uniforms.

Good thing. I was sick of seeing them. Also sick of the black jerseys. looks like batting practice gear. Our standard pinstripes are among the best unis in the league.

If they’re going to wear a throwback, the Sox have so many better options.