4/17/24 - KC @ CWS, Game 1, 2:10 PM Eastern

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Fletcher’s swing that at bat illustrates so many of the issues this team has. RISP, up 2-0 in the count, and he chases a low slider.

I'd like to ask our hitting coaches, at every level, if they are teaching the concept of cutting the zone in  half or whatever when you're ahead in the count. Robert apparently was working on that sort of concept in his offseason, with his coaches.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Nice showing by Cannon.

Pretty much the guy we've seen pitch in the minors. Going to throw strikes, induce contact, and doesn't miss an excessive amount of bats. Could be a pretty decent back-end guy.

That's why we liked him so much in the draft.  Gotta love those durable big bodied strike throwers.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I can't fucking stand him. He's the embodiment of everything wrong with this fucking franchise. Overpaid BUM.

Rick Hahn was really really really bad at his job.

• Paper Bag 1

This team with Crochet/Nastrini/Cannon in the rotation gives reason to watch the pitching side at least. It's quite unfortunate the position players are so putrid. Other than Montgomery (who I would like to see earn the promotion) there's not much imminent on the horizon.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1

Benintendi may be the most 'blah' outfielder I've seen in a while. Nothing looks easy, nothing looks like he's putting actual effort in, nothing looks like he is paying attention at all.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Raise your hand if you had Paul DeJong as the team HR leader on April 17th?

He’s actually been solid.799 OPS. If the rest of the lineup was doing anything close to that this team would be decent. 

7 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Benintendi may be the most 'blah' outfielder I've seen in a while. Nothing looks easy, nothing looks like he's putting actual effort in, nothing looks like he is paying attention at all.

He looks so weak

26 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That's why we liked him so much in the draft.  Gotta love those durable big bodied strike throwers.  

We??.. Yep, he slipped up. Now im pretty sure you are Chris Getz.

• Haha 1