C Edgar Quero

I realize Edgar Quero is only 21-yr old. But he has 495 plate appearances in AA combined and this season alone is raking. 

0.300 BA, 4 HR, 14 RBI, 1.125 OPS

Seems like a promotion is earned to AAA and hoping he can be on the Opening roster next year with Korey Lee. 

Edited by SouthSideGeorgia
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yep...this is one of the few positions I am actually excited about for the future. Quero/Lee should be a very solid catching duo. 

And if not Lee, maybe Hackenberg who I think's defense was highly regarded last year (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

And if not Lee, maybe Hackenberg who I think's defense was highly regarded last year (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Lee has put in alot of work and IMO he has really improved himself this year. He should be starting over Maldonado right now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This was such an insane trade for two expiring assets.

Just an unbelievably dumb trade by the Angels and they made multiple stupid trades last year in desperation mode to make the playoffs with Ohtani when realistically that was never happening. 

Even if none of the prospects they traded ever amount to anything it was dumb because they traded a bunch of assets for expiring contracts and did so without getting back a legitimate difference maker. 

Edited by whitesoxfan99

4 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Just an unbelievably dumb trade by the Angels and they made multiple stupid trades last year in desperation mode to make the playoffs with Ohtani when realistically that was never happening. 

Even if none of the prospects they traded ever amount to anything it was dumb because they traded a bunch of assets for expiring contracts and did so without getting back a legitimate difference maker. 

Should have gone the other way and traded Ohtani, who got hurt after the deadline anyway.

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Should have gone the other way and traded Ohtani, who got hurt after the deadline anyway.

This is exactly what they should have done. It was obvious he was leaving.  Back up the truck and get what you can for him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I think the funniest thing about it is that they waived all guys they traded for. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

I realize Edgar Quero is only 21-yr old. But he has 495 plate appearances in AA combined and this season alone is raking. 

Seems like a promotion is earned to AAA and hoping he can be on the Opening roster next year with Korey Lee. 

Amen!

Drew Thorpe on the bump tonight. Going for 3rd win in 3 starts. He might be promoted to the bigs with no stop at AAA. Charlotte

can make any pitcher look like garbage. Let alone a finesse guy. 

• Like 1

I’d let him do his thing in AA a while longer. He was rushed to the level last year and did a good job keeping his head above water, but this year he looks much more comfortable and aggressive in the box.  Let him work with that approach for a little while and refine his defense. He just turned 21 a couple weeks ago. Lots of time. 

Edited by Pale Sox
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, zisk said:

Drew Thorpe on the bump tonight. Going for 3rd win in 3 starts. He might be promoted to the bigs with no stop at AAA. Charlotte

Honestly I really want to see him pitching Charlotte as a prep for a bandbox in Chicago.  If he succeeds there, it is a really good sign.  Birmingham is a pitchers park.  I want to see hitters who can hit in Birmingham and pitch in Charlotte.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zisk said:

Agree on Thorpe. He’s 24, fully grown and the right size for his height. He’s already worked out his pitch repertoire and he’s not apt to gain more velocity at this stage.

Once the MLB team finally rids of Flexen and Soroka as starters, I say promote Thorpe directly to the bigs with no stop in Charlotte. Going with a rotation of Crochet, Nastrini, Cannon, Thorpe and Fedde would give us something to watch most night. Clevinger obviously impacts that, but they could go to a six day rotation, or Clevinger or Thorpe could spell Crochet from alot of innings. 

(i would not say the same on Iriarte, would needs to gain weight at this stage. But at least he is performing well)

Edited by SouthSideGeorgia

6 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Lee has put in alot of work and IMO he has really improved himself this year. He should be starting over Maldonado right now.

That was some throw in the 8th inning yesterday to nail the runner....with a great assist from Nicky. Lee looked bad at the end of last season but he took those struggles and obviously put the work in during the offseason....love to see that.

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Honestly I really want to see him pitching Charlotte as a prep for a bandbox in Chicago.  If he succeeds there, it is a really good sign.  Birmingham is a pitchers park.  I want to see hitters who can hit in Birmingham and pitch in Charlotte.

I think it'll be more telling if he can continue to miss bats against more advanced hitters. He's going to live and die based on his k rate imo. 

19 hours ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

I-Rod was 19 when he came up to MLB. His first game was against the White Sox, and you could tell he belonged.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

I wouldn't promote him to Charlotte. The barons are winning. Let him be a part of that. Learn to be on winners. Charlotte will frustrate him.

• Like 1