4/23 - Sox @ Twins 6:40 - Fedde vs. P. Lopez

Just now, wegner said:

How on God's green earth did Andrew Benintendi win a Gold Glove???

I made a joke a week or 2 ago saying we may as well put Eloy back in LF. Between Andrew's terrible jumps, noodle arm, and just on the eye test he looks lackadaisical... Oh and that's not even talking about how atrocious the bat has been. Almost looks like TA last year. The yips???

• Like 4

With that lazy play early in the game where Santana was able to take 2B and that play in the 9th inning....if Benintendi is in the starting lineup tomorrow, Grifol has absolutely no balls at all. I don't give 2 shits that he had a big RBI single, that defense is friggin unacceptable!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

With that lazy play early in the game where Santana was able to take 2B and that play in the 9th inning....if Benintendi is in the starting lineup tomorrow, Grifol has absolutely no balls at all. I don't give 2 shits that he had a big RBI single, that defense is friggin unacceptable!!!

I'm telling you guys are going through the motions. 

5 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Jerry should be serving Benintendi a lawsuit for FRAUD of his contract.  He’s purposely sabotaging the team at this point.

Hopefully lifetime ban for betting on tonight's game...ofc, the 2 RBI single was meant to throw everyone off the trail who was scrutinizing bets on the game.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Opted to watch the finale of Shogun instead of this game. Looked up the score after finishing the episode, and LOL.

Anna Sawai is better at sacrifice than anyone on the White Sox...

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm telling you guys are going through the motions. 

They need to have some damn pride...they are supposed to be professionals. This team is an absolute disgrace.

By my calculation, the Sox should lose the next 2 before winning one more.

Started the season by losing 4, winning 1.

Then lost 5, won 1.

Then lost 6, won 1.

They've now lost the next 5, so we have 2 more to go.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, wegner said:

They need to have some damn pride...they are supposed to be professionals. This team is an absolute disgrace.

I agree but human nature being what it is, it is very hard to avoid starting to not give a damn, given the catastrophic circumstances. Now add in these guys are or already have made millions of dollars and the fact that many are on the downside of their careers. I'm not totally surprised they are going through the motions. 

12 minutes ago, JoeC said:

By my calculation, the Sox should lose the next 2 before winning one more.

Started the season by losing 4, winning 1.

Then lost 5, won 1.

Then lost 6, won 1.

They've now lost the next 5, so we have 2 more to go.

I hate SoxMath

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I agree but human nature being what it is, it is very hard to avoid starting to not give a damn, given the catastrophic circumstances. Now add in these guys are or already have made millions of dollars and the fact that many are on the downside of their careers. I'm not totally surprised they are going through the motions. 

I don't disagree with you but damn, to be going through the motions this early in the season really is just disgraceful.

As someone said earlier, Grifol really should no longer be here when Colson and other prize prospects come up. He has to take the blame for this atmosphere.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, fathom said:

When you’re dumb enough to play Maldonado, I don’t want to hear bitching about the umps 

You know bad umpiring isn't all on the catcher. Maldonado while batting took a 1st pitch strike that looked 6 or more inches off the plate. That was a pitch that framing had nothing to do with as are many bad balls and strike calls.

Sticking up for bad umpiring is ludicrous . All the bad umpiring scorecards aren't dependent on how a catcher frames it, only on bad calls. If an ump needs a catcher to frame it properly to call a strike then they are worthless.

In the ninth, Wilson walked Carlos Santana with one out before Ryan Jeffers’ half-swing, a bloop double dropped near the left field line in front of Benintendi, who appeared to get a slow read on it.

“That catch was a 20% probability catch,” manager Pedro Grifol said. “We’re playing no-doubles, way back there. Would have been a helluva catch had he made it.”

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

Sox are built to lose every single game. Because so many areas of weakness on a given night. Tonight, Fedde masterful, so the bullpen is horsebleep and we lose. Offense OK run-wise, five runs, BUT again bullpen this night horsebleep. It's always something. Mendick as expected is hitting. Maybe when Pham comes and Clevinger they can make us a 25-win team. But right now 10 wins by the all star break would be a shock. 

Folks the commish has to step in and reprimand the Sox for fielding this minor league team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

In the ninth, Wilson walked Carlos Santana with one out before Ryan Jeffers’ half-swing, a bloop double dropped near the left field line in front of Benintendi, who appeared to get a slow read on it.

“That catch was a 20% probability catch,” manager Pedro Grifol said. “We’re playing no-doubles, way back there. Would have been a helluva catch had he made it.”

I saw somewhere else it was 89 pct catch odds 

• Haha 1

• Quin locked this topic