fresh blood

zisk

Sox have too many old 5th outfielder types on the roster. It really doesn't matter as far as win-loss totals. If Terrell Tatum keeps playing

well for another 3-4 weeks, one outfielder should be launched into the sun. Tatum might never be a full time starter in the bigs, but he

could be a very useful 4th OFer in a year of two. Plays all outfield positions, takes a lot of walks, hits left handed and steals some bases.

He could be a productive platoon candidate soon. None of the Grossman group will help if we ever turn this train wreck around.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well one of Grossman or Pillar will need to go for Pham, who is probably arriving later this week.  But that doesn't really solve the too many over the hill veteran problem. 

Pham will result in a Pillar DFA.  Grossman is gone once LRJ is back.

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well one of Grossman or Pillar will need to go for Pham, who is probably arriving later this week.  But that doesn't really solve the too many over the hill veteran problem. 

Call up Colas, DFA one of the other veterans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zisk said:

Sox have too many old 5th outfielder types on the roster. It really doesn't matter as far as win-loss totals. If Terrell Tatum keeps playing

well for another 3-4 weeks, one outfielder should be launched into the sun. Tatum might never be a full time starter in the bigs, but he

could be a very useful 4th OFer in a year of two. Plays all outfield positions, takes a lot of walks, hits left handed and steals some bases.

He could be a productive platoon candidate soon. None of the Grossman group will help if we ever turn this train wreck around.

Sounds like what we said about Micker Adolfo for going on three seasons...

57 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sounds like what we said about Micker Adolfo for going on three seasons...

Ha ha. Terrell Tatum is nothing like Micker Adolfo. Luis Gonzalez? Sure. Dominic Fletcher?  Maybe. No one is saying the guy is a core player. But there is one thing I know for certain: he would have caught the pop up that Benintendi let drop for a double last night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Grossman. At least pillar gives you defense. Grossman is just bad 

That is my thought as well.  If you have Pham, Benintendi, Fletcher on the roster, Pillar feels like a better 4th OF than Grossman.  Grossman is not a good defender and while he does hit LHP well, so does Pham.  I just don't feel like Grossman has much of a role once Pham is on the roster.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see them send Fletcher down for Pham and keep all the washed vets because White Sox. 

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

wouldn't mind seeing Duke Ellis. .830 ops at AA, 16 stolen bases in 13 games! there are a bunch of solid outfielders on this team but I guess there's no real point in rushing them. Colas or DeLoach should be playing over Benintendi. The Red Sox have the nerve to bench their highly-paid corner outfielder, and Yoshida is a much better player than Benintendi is, so why is Benintendi's spot apparently safe?

1 minute ago, nrockway said:

wouldn't mind seeing Duke Ellis. .830 ops at AA, 16 stolen bases in 13 games! there are a bunch of solid outfielders on this team but I guess there's no real point in rushing them. Colas or DeLoach should be playing over Benintendi. The Red Sox have the nerve to bench their highly-paid corner outfielder, and Yoshida is a much better player than Benintendi is, so why is Benintendi's spot apparently safe?

As someone who loves Duke Ellis, it'd be insane to have him skip AAA for anything short of having him as an emergency bench guy.

The team needs to let all of their prospects go up through the normal cycles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

18 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

That is my thought as well.  If you have Pham, Benintendi, Fletcher on the roster, Pillar feels like a better 4th OF than Grossman.  Grossman is not a good defender and while he does hit LHP well, so does Pham.  I just don't feel like Grossman has much of a role once Pham is on the roster.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see them send Fletcher down for Pham and keep all the washed vets because White Sox. 

With Fletcher sitting two straight days, Pham playing CF in AAA today and seemingly set to come up tomorrow, it looks like this could in fact play out.  

How has White Sox management's love for failed former first-round picks going? With that in mind, it's obvious that Shewmake isn't the answer at shortstop. How about promoting Brooks Baldwin and saying goodbye to Shewmake? Baldwin is a switch hitter. As far as Montgomery goes, see if he can figure it out at AAA, or perhaps drop him to Baldwin's spot at Birmingham. It's too early to make a judgement on Montgomery, but so far AAA seems a little rich for his blood.                 

Let’s be completely honest.  Benintendi is the least useful of the bunch. The guy can’t get to balls with an 80-90% expected catch rate, is airmailing cutoff men, throwing to the wrong base, and even when he gets the right base needs a cutoff guy to get it from left to second.  Also you know…the whole batting .167 thing.  Unfortunately we all know that it’ll never happen since he’s the largest FA contract in franchise history.  Pillar will go down for Pham.  I doubt we see Colas at the MLB level ever again and they won’t call up any other young guys unless there’s an injury, they manage to dump someone at the deadline (not likely), or when rosters expand because Getz is not willing to admit that nearly every offseason acquisition was almost a complete miss.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Let’s be completely honest.  Benintendi is the least useful of the bunch. The guy can’t get to balls with an 80-90% expected catch rate, is airmailing cutoff men, throwing to the wrong base, and even when he gets the right base needs a cutoff guy to get it from left to second.  Also you know…the whole batting .167 thing.  Unfortunately we all know that it’ll never happen since he’s the largest FA contract in franchise history.  Pillar will go down for Pham.  I doubt we see Colas at the MLB level ever again and they won’t call up any other young guys unless there’s an injury, they manage to dump someone at the deadline (not likely), or when rosters expand because Getz is not willing to admit that nearly every offseason acquisition was almost a complete miss.

Regarding the bolded. I HIGHLY doubt that is the case.  Its obvious he's no favorite, but he'll absolutely get another chance. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

let soxtalk manage the sox. 

To be honest, there are a lot of brilliant people on this site.  I would have no doubts they could manage/own better than the current muppets now.

Edited by pettie4sox

Posted (edited)

At least Bryan Ramos finally got off the schnide. 2 hits including a homer tonite. Brooks Baldwin 4 more knocks. Hose

that guy down. He might burst into flames.

Edited by zisk

11 hours ago, Quin said:

Tray would filibuster the debates about a new stadium for months on end, never leaving the podium.

"I haven't seen a guy speak this long to prevent something from changing since Strom Thurmond over civil rights, what's he so passionate about?"

"Parking places."

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

"I haven't seen a guy speak this long to prevent something from changing since Strom Thurmond over civil rights, what's he so passionate about?"

"Parking places."

I assume tray lives close to the park and loves his own commute to games.  So he’s just being selfish about the location.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I assume tray lives close to the park and loves his own commute to games.  So he’s just being selfish about the location.

He has to park cars there for the chip on his shoulder he  has about something so freaking simple.  It's a train, it's not rocket science.