4-25 Game thread Sox @ Twins, lucky #7? 12:10 CDT 1st pitch

2 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I understand the team has to play these games because of revenue, but this season is beyond ridiculous. It's not even laughable anymore. It's pathetic.

Remember there were posters here who actually believed this team is going to be better than expected before the season? I wonder how they feel now.

• Haha 2

4-7, not a single guy hitting over .200.  Yikes.  None of these dudes were ever going to be great hitters but players offensive abilities completely falling off a cliff the minute they get to this organization is 100% a pattern.  It’s the same as a complete lack of a pitchers ability to hold runners on whether they are a young guy or veteran coming in.  It’s like they instantly just stop caring about holding a guy close and they start running around the base paths at will.  Teams have analytics departments that completely have the book on these guys meanwhile the Sox’ analytics department is about 4 people deep.  For context…my daughters youth soccer club has more than 4 people assigned to video and opponent analysis…

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Remember there were posters here who actually believed this team is going to be better than expected before the season? I wonder how they feel now.

TBF, not many people expected this level of suck.  They also wouldn't be quite so terrible had Robert, Moncada and Eloy not gotten hurt the first week.  Its fair to expect those guys to miss time throughout the season, but all right away?  Even the naysayiest of naysayers wouldn't have honestly guessed that while being serious.  

I expected this team to float a few to several games below ,500 for awhile, at least pre-Cease trade.  I expected improved defense and cleaner baseball. I hoped Robert's 2023 health would continue into 24, and we'd see a really nice contract year from Yoan.  Obviously non of that has happened, but I don't think many people pre-season truly expected this to be an historically poor club.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Foolish. Humble.  Somewhere I predicted that both Vaughn and Benintendi would improve their offensive numbers from last year and that Robert could also improve. Wrong.

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I expected this team to float a few to several games below ,500 for awhile, at least pre-Cease trade.  I expected improved defense and cleaner baseball. I hoped Robert's 2023 health would continue into 24, and we'd see a really nice contract year from Yoan.  Obviously non of that has happened, but I don't think many people pre-season truly expected this to be an historically poor club.    

I expected 100 losses, but i didnt expect an historically bad season. We havent even entered the tough part of the schedule yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Don't look up the 2025 Draft Order. So depressing to see the worst team drafting 10th haha

They picked their top 2 prospects at #22 and #26. I'm not depressed. 

36 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I understand the team has to play these games because of revenue, but this season is beyond ridiculous. It's not even laughable anymore. It's pathetic.

I have no word to describe it but it’s beyond pathetic.

Only way that probably works that If the White Sox franchise was in a hospital Intensive Care Unit and on life support, the medical team would declare them terminal and pull the plug.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

TBF, not many people expected this level of suck.  They also wouldn't be quite so terrible had Robert, Moncada and Eloy not gotten hurt the first week.  Its fair to expect those guys to miss time throughout the season, but all right away?  Even the naysayiest of naysayers wouldn't have honestly guessed that while being serious.  

Only 1 person voted that they would be historically bad in the "How many wins" poll.

Majority of the board had this pegged as a 100 loss team though.

8 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I expected 100 losses, but i didnt expect an historically bad season. We havent even entered the tough part of the schedule yet. 

I’ve got a pretty significant wager on under 64.5 wins.  Seemingly looks like the lock of the century.  I know that the Martingale strategy almost always ends up as a disaster for the bettor, but I have to wonder if theres some opportunity with this team on money line bets.  As long as you start conservative relative to your bankroll, it’s hard to see this team running off what?  3 straight wins?  Certainly something like 7 would be a complete miracle.  Today I see the Twins at -200 which seems like a pretty good value bet.  I guess the biggest risk would be that they are so bad that books legit start pulling odds for games when they go against top pitchers or teams.

Edited by Rusty

41 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Frustrated, just like everybody else. I think one guy on this board predicted a winning record. I thought they'd be better than 2023, assuming they'd trade Cease at the deadline, and they wouldn't lose all three of their top players in the first 2 weeks. Oh, and professional baseball players could suck and still hit .200. 

Sheets is a nice development. Korey Lee, too. And the bullpen isn't as bad as "expected". 

Edited by WestEddy

23 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Right, and while I thought we'd more more low to mid 90s, 100 losses can't really be considered "historically poor" since we literally lost 100 games last season. 

31 minutes ago, T R U said:

Only 1 person voted that they would be historically bad in the "How many wins" poll.

Majority of the board had this pegged as a 100 loss team though.

I knew they would be bad, but I figured they would be better than last year. They still have to play 22 under .500 to match last season, but it's obviously heading that way. If they play .500 from here on out, they will lose 90 games.

• Like 1

There is no doubt even this group has been severely underachieving.  No one was predicting the 1962 Mets.  I know we set up this team to be an inevitable failure, but it has blown through a few level of bad on the way there.  Pace for 140 losses is not the same as 100.  I do think there is plenty of room to be better from the guys who are here to finish up around 100 losses, but who knows if it happens. 

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

It might take a few years to not lose 100 games. Worst org. ever?