4-25 Game thread Sox @ Twins, lucky #7? 12:10 CDT 1st pitch

I don't even know if Ozzie would accept the job right now. If he did, he's nuts.

He'd have to regularly speak with the GM and the assistant GM which would be annoying as heck. And he'd have to talk to Jerry once in a while which would be nightmarish. Also two media sessions on game day in which he'd be baited into blasting some of these players and their skills or lack thereof.

Even an Ozzie lover like me would advise Ozzie to pass on this one if offered.

Just now, greg775 said:

I don't even know if Ozzie would accept the job right now. If he did, he's nuts.

He'd have to regularly speak with the GM and the assistant GM which would be annoying as heck. And he'd have to talk to Jerry once in a while which would be nightmarish. Also two media sessions on game day in which he'd be baited into blasting some of these players and their skills or lack thereof.

Even an Ozzie lover like me would advise Ozzie to pass on this one if offered.

David Haugh asked Ozzie the other day if there’s anything that would be a barrier (or words to that effect) for him becoming manager of the Sox. He said no, and that he speaks with Jerry and Getz at the park and all is good. 

I think he’d do it, no question. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Honestly MLB needs to step in for the good of the game, even the integrity of the game. We cant have a team that is so bad competing against major league talent. Its a sad day for baseball that a team is this bad

And of course the cubs are wining, have a likable team and are on the upswing, Wrigley is hopping

GRF on the other hand is depressing and dreary 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Grinder said:

Honestly MLB needs to step in for the good of the game, even the integrity of the game. We cant have a team that is so bad competing against major league talent. Its a sad day for baseball that a team is this bad

And of course the cubs are wining, have a likable team and are on the upswing, Wrigley is hopping

Why would anyone want to raise their kid as a Sox fan now?  I have three kids who I don’t think have watched more than two innings of Sox games this year.  I guarantee they will see on TikTok that PCA homered today though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why would anyone want to raise their kid as a Sox fan now?  I have three kids who I don’t think have watched more than two innings of Sox games this year.  I guarantee they will see on TikTok that PCA homered today though.

Totally agree, who would want to root for such a miserable team? I would love to see attendance to below the Mendoza line......if that would even embarrass Jerry

3 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Totally agree, who would want to root for such a miserable team? I would love to see attendance to below the Mendoza line......if that would even embarrass Jerry

Jerry will just blame the fans even more, and then lower payroll.  He simply doesn’t give a s%*# about fixing any of this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

League takeover absolutely. It is time. 

17 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Funny that "GRF" can be shorthand for "grief."  That's what the field should be called, "Grief Field," because that's what all the fans are left feeling after every game.

Edited by PorkChopExpress

24 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I agree. MLB needs to step in. This franchise is a joke. How can anyone even regard this as a major league franchise? 

Second season in a row the season is over by April. Only this team is the worst in White Sox history. How's that new stadium coming along?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Amen. MLB is a disgrace allowing this to happen. The Sox should be fined a LOT of money. This even affects MLB on the whole. Sox have completely turned Minnie's season around. They allowed KC to get off to a decent start. Maybe MLB wants/needs patsies to save other teams' seasons. I'm trying to learn more about the Cubs daily. They do have several players with a lot of RBIs and have major leaguers on their team. I assume they are selling out every game again and/or will be soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

I'm saying if money is what JR is worried about when firing Grifol, he's got a possible replacement he's paying right now anyhow. At this point making a change just to make a change is the move. I don't care if Montoyo also sucks.

Montoyo, rightfully so, would not take the job without getting a significant raise.  He is smart enougH to know that it would essentially signal the end of his MLB career in any mildly advanced coaching position.  Pedro, assuming he still wants some sort of job after this will be lucky to find a job as a AAA bench coach (because no organization will trust him with players at AA and below).  Maybe he could get a scouting job somewhere or some bullshit position like MLB fielding coordinator.  

49 minutes ago, fathom said:

When I grew up, the Sox sucked. When my dad grew up, the Sox sucked. When his dad grew up. Fhe Sox sucked. We've always been one of the worst, if not the worst, organizations in sports. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, pcq said:

League takeover absolutely. It is time. 

This team is still getting worse and the owner is 88. Put the team in trust and appoint an administrator. Wasn't Donald Sterling pushed out?

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Amen. MLB is a disgrace allowing this to happen. The Sox should be fined a LOT of money. This even affects MLB on the whole. Sox have completely turned Minnie's season around. They allowed KC to get off to a decent start. Maybe MLB wants/needs patsies to save other teams' seasons. I'm trying to learn more about the Cubs daily. They do have several players with a lot of RBIs and have major leaguers on their team. I assume they are selling out every game again and/or will be soon.

The Sox are MLB's slumpbusters.

37 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

When I grew up, the Sox sucked. When my dad grew up, the Sox sucked. When his dad grew up. Fhe Sox sucked. We've always been one of the worst, if not the worst, organizations in sports. 

They were pretty good in the GO GO years, if they had the current playoff system back then, besides winning the 1959 Pennant they would have made the postseason 7 more times.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Growing up in the 2000s (born in 91), I feel like they were at least competitive most seasons. 

Edited by Bob Sacamano