Sox vs. Twins @ 110CT

Posted (edited)

I didn’t watch or follow this one, thank god.  I hope Schriffen made sure to call out all of the haters today.  What did the Sox end up having for the Twins, as he put it?  Laying down and getting swept by them in two series in only one week?  Maybe he will learn to zip it from now on.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Look folks. You pitch six guys in a game you are not gonna win that game. Sox bullpen is sub-par. Only got seven hits and two by Sir Tommy Pham. Say what you want about Greg. I told u all our great skipper took away all momentum in benching him Game One which we probably would have won had Pham played. I know Minnie owns the Sox in good times and bad, but cmon. 0-7 against a mediocre team? The Twins have won 10 in a row? Big deal. Seven against the Sox. 

I know Jerry is cheap but cmon. At least get rid of Pedro and name Ozzie interim. Sure it'll cost a couple hundred thousand or several hundred thousand to pay off Pedro and give Ozzie some money for taking over this wretched team. They still can hire somebody else for next year in case there are still Ozzie haters lingering.

But cmon? 0-7 vs Minnie and 1-6 vs. KC is dumb. Goodbye Pedro.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1
  • TLR 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

No qualified person will take this job. Sure, Terry Bevington is available. Or maybe bring Robin out again. This team is historically bad and there is absolutely no human walking the earth who is going to change that.

They need either a guy looking to just ride out a couple years until retirement or someone like RV that has no long term interest in working as a manager.  Francona would make sense but JR is too cheap to pay him.  A young guy and up and comer honestly won’t take it because it kills your career future.  Pedro will never have the chance to manage another MLB team because of how bad it’s been.  He might have to reset at MiLB or some bs position like MLB field coordinator.  He won’t even be able to get a job as bench coach or even 1b/3b coach.  I’m pretty confident Grifol is here through at least the end of the season since apparently his contract runs through 2025.  I don’t even think Montoya would take the job unless you give him enough money and security to ensure that he never has to work again which…Jerry won’t do.  If Pedro is fired, I’m not discounting the possibility that TLRs health issues have magically subsided and he gets the interim tag.  I wouldn’t mind Ozzie.  At least he turns it into a reality show that’s mildly entertaining.

Edited by Rusty
  • TLR 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

My how things have turned from his original press conference where he talked about kicking everyone's ass. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rusty said:

They need either a guy looking to just ride out a couple years until retirement or someone like RV that has no long term interest in working as a manager.  Francona would make sense but JR is too cheap to pay him.  A young guy and up and comer honestly won’t take it because it kills your career future.  Pedro will never have the chance to manage another MLB team because of how bad it’s been.  He might have to reset at MiLB or some bs position like MLB field coordinator.  He won’t even be able to get a job as bench coach or even 1b/3b coach.  I’m pretty confident Grifol is here through at least the end of the season since apparently his contract runs through 2025.  I don’t even think Montoya would take the job unless you give him enough money and security to ensure that he never has to work again which…Jerry won’t do.  If Pedro is fired, I’m not discounting the possibility that TLRs health issues have magically subsided and he gets the interim tag.  I wouldn’t mind Ozzie.  At least he turns it into a reality show that’s mildly entertaining.

I don't feel sorry for Pedro at all. His decision to sit Pham in the first game of a homestand against a team we'd just lost four in a row to and not put out there our best lineup lost me forever. Just fire the guy. Geez. Jerry can afford to pay Ozzie for the rest of the season and pay off Grifol.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

That was like a 3 minute inning.  Gonna get swept in a series they should have won, all because of managing and bullpen (and defense).

Plus we only got five hits if you take out two from one of our only big leaguers on the roster, Tommy Boy! Phamtastic Pham. Pham, Crochet, Eloy, Robert, Moncada, Mendick and Kopech (if he had a good pitching coach) are the only players who'd make another team's roster. Lee might be close.

7 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I don't feel sorry for Pedro at all. His decision to sit Pham in the first game of a homestand against a team we'd just lost four in a row to and not put out there our best lineup lost me forever. Just fire the guy. Geez. Jerry can afford to pay Ozzie for the rest of the season and pay off Grifol.

Jerry can afford a lot of things.  Doesn’t mean he’s going to do it.

• Like 1

The walks are just pathetic.  Why not pitch Keller? He did well the other night.  No use moving him to the rotation - he was just mediocre there.  Maybe he'd be a good reliever.

14 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

They have to fire this doofus. There is no way they are actually paying him any amount of money to begin with. Just promote Sizemore for experimental reasons. Who cares?

Nobody currently in that dugout should manage this team. They should all be launched in that they're all part of the rot. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I didn’t watch or follow this one, thank god.  I hope Schriffen made sure to call out all of the haters today.  What did the Sox end up having for the Twins, as he put it?  Laying down and getting swept by them in two series in only one week?  Maybe he will learn to zip it from now on.

This should get more scrutiny. You think he reads the message boards? It's not like fans go on Twitter to vent about a team nobody cares about: the Sox. I would guess the good talk radio guys in Chicago just mock the team at this point. So who are these haters? It's appalling a new play by play guy would blast the fanbase after a sweep of a bad team, the Rays. He should apologize. We haters have a reason to be upset at the club.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

I would watch a TV show with Ozzie managing this team!

27 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Nobody currently in that dugout should manage this team. They should all be launched in that they're all part of the rot. 

You finish out the year with whatever staff is here and start fresh in the offseason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

A few weeks ago Ozzie on the postgame show said he didn't want to manage again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

The walks are just pathetic.  Why not pitch Keller? He did well the other night.  No use moving him to the rotation - he was just mediocre there.  Maybe he'd be a good reliever.

Pretty sure Keller literally walked the first two batters he faced the other night. 

• Quin locked this topic