Sox unveil the new Maldonado line .100

Maldonado 9 for 91, unveiling the new Maldonado line of .100, to go along with the better Mendoza line of .200.  Hard to explain why Getz expected a better batting average from Maldonado , and on a team that needs more offense.  Fortunately, some of our hitters have been improving and the pitching has been good lately.  We may not lose 120 games anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Still chuckling about the victory lap his biggest fan took here after a 2 hit game.  He's been awful offensively, awful defensively, and the Sox pitching is bottom 5 in the league in pretty much every category. Tough to discern what exactly he is accomplishing. If he's such a great guy to have around, make him a coach. 

That said, Sox don't really have anyone else to plug in until Stassi returns from injury (and his 60 days are up end of month), so best case scenario we still have a few weeks of watching him look helpless.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Still chuckling about the victory lap his biggest fan took here after a 2 hit game.  He's been awful offensively, awful defensively, and the Sox pitching is bottom 5 in the league in pretty much every category. Tough to discern what exactly he is accomplishing. If he's such a great guy to have around, make him a coach. 

That said, Sox don't really have anyone else to plug in until Stassi returns from injury (and his 60 days are up end of month), so best case scenario we still have a few weeks of watching him look helpless.    

But that poster is also the same person who signed Maldonado, so it’s understandable.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Did anyone else think he even is starting to bum Schriffen out? He wasn't so enthused about Martin Maldonado last night?

How can watching Martin Maldonado not bum you out? A toddler would only have 6 less hits.  I am not unconvinced a middle of the road high school player would have similar offensive results. 

2 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Signing washed up veterans is the White Sox way. How dare any of you challenge that. 

On another note, I just got a Paul Konerko City Connect jersey, and it's fucking awesome. 

That’s a good route to go. I really want one and was thinking of just going blank or a legend player.

59 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

How can watching Martin Maldonado not bum you out? A toddler would only have 6 less hits.  I am not unconvinced a middle of the road high school player would have similar offensive results. 

Eddie Gaedel would be destroying Maldonado in OBP without ever swinging a bat.

2 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Signing washed up veterans is the White Sox way. How dare any of you challenge that. 

On another note, I just got a Paul Konerko City Connect jersey, and it's fucking awesome. 

Why? He never wore the jersey. It's like people who have orange Walter Payton jerseys 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Why? He never wore the jersey. It's like people who have orange Walter Payton jerseys 

I knew someone would have this opinion. Who the hell cares if he wore the jersey or not. It's a legendary White Sox jersey with the name of a White Sox legend on it. There is literally no player that has actually worn this jersey in game that I would want to have their name on.

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I knew someone would have this opinion. Who the hell cares if he wore the jersey or not. It's a legendary White Sox jersey with the name of a White Sox legend on it. There is literally no player that has actually worn this jersey in game that I would want to have their name on.

Where did you get it from if you don’t mind me asking? Obviously I’m interested in buying one but seeing if maybe it was cheaper option haha

• Fire 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Where did you get it from if you don’t mind me asking? Obviously I’m interested in buying one but seeing if maybe it was cheaper option haha

SportsWorld Chicago. Found it online, had it shipped to me, easy and quick process. Got a bears hat along with it.

EDIT: It definitely was not cheaper. But it's the real thing, you won't get shammed.

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Thanks 1

The fact that Korey Lee isn’t the de facto everyday catcher is ridiculous malpractice. I’d even argue it’s a fireable offense for Grifol. By trotting Maldonado out there, he’s not putting the best team on the field. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

game worn?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Didn't exist when Konerko was actually playing.

Didn't realize I had to add "</sarc>" to something THAT obvious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Yeah Luis Robert sucks. Good call

• Paper Bag 1

When I was working at Six Flags I noticed they sent sand bags strapped in like people to test new rides or when they reopened the park for the new season. 

That's how the Sox are using Maldonado.