3 hours ago3 hr MLB is so messed up. The Sox and Cubs are in the playoffs and on regular TV in Chicago, you can watch every playoff game except theirs.
3 hours ago3 hr I don't like using Smith in the first simply because it takes him out of the equation later in the game. If he goes two strong and then the bulk guy gets them 5, that's cool but that's not how this seems to work for them.
3 hours ago3 hr 2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:I don't like using Smith in the first simply because it takes him out of the equation later in the game. If he goes two strong and then the bulk guy gets them 5, that's cool but that's not how this seems to work for them.Agreed. I would have gone Sandlin to start with Hagen the short leash today-thursday for 2 innings each.
2 hours ago2 hr 46 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:MLB is so messed up. The Sox and Cubs are in the playoffs and on regular TV in Chicago, you can watch every playoff game except theirs.Genuine question: how the hell do I watch these games?Edit: I guess I do get NBCSN. Didn't even know I had it. This is indeed ridiculous, though. Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by 35thstreetswarm
2 hours ago2 hr 22 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:I don't like using Smith in the first simply because it takes him out of the equation later in the game. If he goes two strong and then the bulk guy gets them 5, that's cool but that's not how this seems to work for them.A strong start is important (Hagen gives you a good chance for that). It gives our lineup a chance to jump ahead.
2 hours ago2 hr If you've got Xfinity internet, you may have Peacock for free without even knowing. Don't know if that still is a thing or not since I haven't had Xfinity in a while but just tossing that out there. Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by Bob Sacamano
2 hours ago2 hr 8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:If you've got Xfinity internet, you may have Peacock for free without even knowing. Don't know if that still is a thing or not since I haven't had that in a while but just tossing that out there.I still do. No idea if anything has changed.
2 hours ago2 hr Suppose Hagen goes 1-2-3 in the first. I will be most curious to see what happens next. I expect there to be a gaggle of righties after Yordan in the batting order. Do the Sox try to get 2 or 3 innings from Hagen, or do they just transition to the bulk righty of their choosing once the dragon (Yordan) is slayed?
2 hours ago2 hr Off topic but I don’t care:Just watched (again) that Mune locker room celebration video “One-Hundred!!” It is pure joy, pure joy, especially for those of us who watched and suffered through the 121 loss season. And I always liked Brooke Fletcher, but after that interview, getting drenched while she’s working yet celebrating with them; she is so genuine; now I love her.
2 hours ago2 hr Teams had to submit their playoff rosters to the league 15 minutes ago, so we should see how that looks imminently.
1 hour ago1 hr If you have Prime it looks like you can get a free 1 week subscription to Peacock.Maybe we should edit the OP with some viewing options. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by Southwest Sider
1 hour ago1 hr Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad....and kick the Astros ass!
1 hour ago1 hr 36 minutes ago, Jake said:Teams had to submit their playoff rosters to the league 15 minutes ago, so we should see how that looks imminently.10am in the city the game is played, so in 10 minutes
58 minutes ago58 min 1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:Genuine question: how the hell do I watch these games?Edit: I guess I do get NBCSN. Didn't even know I had it. This is indeed ridiculous, though.35th, it appears that I have NBCSN in my YouTube TV basic plan's channels (somewhat to my surprise). I don't have a traditional TV, so I just watch things on my little laptop, via YouTube TV, and it does the job just fine. Here in Springfield we have an AM radio station called Sports Radio 1450, which will be broadcasting the games (featuring Len Kasper and Darrin Jackson). I know this sounds nuts, but sometimes I think I enjoy catching a game on the radio more than I do watching it on TV. As an old Cards fan, I kind of grew up carrying my "transistor" around listening to Harry, Jack, and Mike doing the broadcasts.
52 minutes ago52 min 1 minute ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:14 position players, 12 pitchers.No Castillo or Quero...a year ago that was a pretty valuable trade package.
44 minutes ago44 min 2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:So Richards and Davis bit the dust off of the pitching staff.good
40 minutes ago40 min 6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:So Richards and Davis bit the dust off of the pitching staff.Kinda figured they were doing this when he threw 3.1 innings and 46 pitches Sunday
38 minutes ago38 min Only going 12 pitchers is a choice especially when we use a ton of pitching typically but I guess it is only 3 games. You are literally putting Acuna on there to hopefully pinch run late in the game and Pham on there to possibly pinch hit a couple times
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.