OFFICIAL GO CUBBIES THIS WEEKEND THREAD!!!

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 07:10 AM)
Can't they both lose?

God I feel so dirty. No matter the choice, I will need a LONG shower. :puke

I WOULD agree....however it's only 3 games, and the Cubs have no shot at the playoffs anyways, so them winning hurts nobody.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 08:52 AM)
If you can't root for the Cubs to beat the Tigers this weekend, then you need to get your priorities straight.

Amen. I f***ing hate the Cubs and root against them almost every game every year, however this is priority time and it's pretty easy this weekend for me to root for the Cubs.

Prior may be back Sunday. Maddux and Zambrano got pushed up a day to face Houston. Makes sense cubs need to beat Houston more than the Tigers. 'Z' would've pitched Friday.

ALSO

Barrett's hearing is Friday and he may miss the next week (Det, Clev, Min). The Cubs may have everyone back after this.

The cubs may go 1-6 if he misses 7 games and they face CC, Johan, Liriano and the Detroit staff in general without Barrett. We does miss Pulojs and Clemens though.......

Go Cubs

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
That's right, Cubs vs. Tigers this weekend. I dislike the Cubs as much as everybody, but for 3 days, I'm a BIG Cub fan. I want to see everybody in here (that includes YOU Hangar and Cuck the Fubs).

Hehehehe, this weekend will filter out who is a Sox fan and who is a Cub hater that just kinda likes the Sox on the side. :D

This was brought up on that other website, and I had to think Long and Hard about that, and my love for the SOX is much stronger (despite what some over there and here will lead you to believe) than my hatred for the Arrogant Organization 8miles north. If I dont make it to Cincinatti this weekend, I will be at the

Saturday Flub game with my cousin (who is a fan of that other team) and will be rooting very extra hard

for that stupid team. Get this, as a show of good faith, my cousin is trying to get me to wear something related to that team ......(shivers) I may do it as a joke ..........(still shivering)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 09:34 AM)
Amen. I f***ing hate the Cubs and root against them almost every game every year, however this is priority time and it's pretty easy this weekend for me to root for the Cubs.

If you hate the Cubs and openly root for them to lose ........

You must not be a Real Sox Fan according to some people supposedly

I hope the cubs dominate the AL Central, which wont happen. Hopefully Zambrano can pick off the occasional team.

However when they play us I hope a f***ing goat interferes with a play that allows us to win game one, in game 2 bartman takes out the cubs pitcher, and in game 3 all of their bats break and we sweep their sorry asses.

Frankly, I couldn't care less who wins. The Cubs are a joke who will be lucky to finish 4th in their division and the Tigers are currently a bunch of unproven front-runners. The former isn't worth caring about at all and the latter isn't worth caring about until August.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
This was brought up on that other website, and I had to think Long and Hard about that, and my love for the SOX is much stronger (despite what some over there and here will lead you to believe) than my hatred for the Arrogant Organization 8miles north. If I dont make it to Cincinatti this weekend, I will be at the

Saturday Flub game with my cousin (who is a fan of that other team) and will be rooting very extra hard

for that stupid team. Get this, as a show of good faith, my cousin is trying to get me to wear something related to that team ......(shivers) I may do it as a joke ..........(still shivering)

If you hate the Cubs and openly root for them to lose ........

You must not be a Real Sox Fan according to some people supposedly

Fair enough, however I would NEVER suggest wearing Cubs gear, even this weekend, that is going too far. As for rooting against the Cubs, I don't openly go out of my way to do it (for instance, I only have them on if the Sox game is over/they arent' playing), but I always hope that they lose. If that makes me less of a fan, then so be it, but I think the fact I'm rooting for the Cubs this weekend proves yet again I'm a far bigger Sox fan than I am a Cub hater.

It would be pretty ironic if Barett was finally (really what makes this take so long?) suspended just in time for the Tigers series.

Having a Sox player get punched in the face end up costing his own team....some MLB rules are just stupid. As a Tigers fan I certainly don't like Pierzynski but the guy punched him in the face he should have been serving his suspension weeks ago.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:35 AM)
Frankly, I couldn't care less who wins. The Cubs are a joke who will be lucky to finish 4th in their division and the Tigers are currently a bunch of unproven front-runners. The former isn't worth caring about at all and the latter isn't worth caring about until August.

Exactly, I will cheer for the Sox and that is all. If the Sox don't win the division they wouldn't have anyone to blame but themselves. The Tigers losing to the Cubs is not very likely anyways, I wouldn't waste a breath on these games

Allright. I'm going to Wrigley on Saturday. A friend had 6 tix that he had to get rid of, so I took one of them. Let's just say, I'm not rooting for Tigers, obviously. I would just prefer that the home team win. :ph34r:

Anything that helps the Sox is a bonus.

Edited by robinventura23

I don't really care. I still think the Sox will win the division, and I kinda want to see an ALC team keep out either the Red Sox or Yankees.

What happened to all the people who always told other Sox fans to root for "our division" when the Twins were in the playoffs? According to their logic, we should be rooting for the Tigers right now.

Feel free to sweep them Northsiders, but I won't be surprised if/when your team gets swept.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
What happened to all the people who always told other Sox fans to root for "our division" when the Twins were in the playoffs? According to their logic, we should be rooting for the Tigers right now.

That's a completely different scenario.