2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When has shoulder discomfort as an initial complaint from a Cubs pitcher not been something serious?Iam sure they will fool themselves into believing its not that serious of an injury for the next 5-8 weeks while Zambrano sits.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 08:09 AM)
When has shoulder discomfort as an initial complaint from a Cubs pitcher not been something serious?Iam sure they will fool themselves into believing its not that serious of an injury for the next 5-8 weeks while Zambrano sits.

They are getting him an MRI.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 07:21 AM)

Yeah I know,Iam just saying its going to be the same old story as far as how the Cubs handle the situation.Ala Wood and Prior.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 07:21 AM)

I am going to say nothing really comes out of the MRI at least structurally. I think they will find the usual inflammation and probably place him on the 15-DL with arm fatigue or a shoulder injury. I personally, he has just been over worked.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 08:38 AM)
Yeah I know,Iam just saying its going to be the same old story as far as how the Cubs handle the situation.Ala Wood and Prior.

So what you are saying is that we are going to start seeing Zambrano Updates in the Tribune?

Hopefully they use the same template as the Prior Updates, it was so visually appealing. ;)

Edited by kyyle23

Hello nsbb.com lurker chuckywang and others. Welcome.

Maybe you can explain how a 5-6 plus era sp like dempster with a career 1.51 whip, who has 4 plus eras in the pen the last 2 seasons has shaved his era in half, and has posted a whip nearly .50 lower than his career mark. Did he all of a sudden figure it out? Did the sudden increase in velocity come from offseason yoga? Did his gay glove dance confuse hitters? Is his peak really coming at age 31 after being ineffective as a starter early in his career? I'd like to know your reasoning and speculation. You don't like ours. Maybe there is a legit reason why hitters have lost about 70 points of baa against him all of a sudden....

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 11:49 AM)
Hello nsbb.com lurker chuckywang and others. Welcome.

Maybe you can explain how a 5-6 plus era sp like dempster with a career 1.51 whip, who has 4 plus eras in the pen the last 2 seasons has shaved his era in half, and has posted a whip nearly .50 lower than his career mark. Did he all of a sudden figure it out? Did the sudden increase in velocity come from offseason yoga? Did his gay glove dance confuse hitters? Is his peak really coming at age 31 after being ineffective as a starter early in his career? I'd like to know your reasoning and speculation. You don't like ours. Maybe there is a legit reason why hitters have lost about 70 points of baa against him all of a sudden....

Or he quit hanging out with Esteban Loiaza...

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)
Again, I never wish upon injury, but I'd love to see this put him out for 3-4 starts.

+1

The Sox could use a confidence-building series right now. Beating up on the Royals and Pirates doesn't mean much.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 18, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
Zambrano has a 5.68 ERA with 13 strikeouts, 12 walks, and 33 hits allowed in 25 and 1/3 innings in his 4 starts since Lou kept him out there for 130 pitches against the Dodgers... Gotta lose the battle to win the war sometimes, Lou.

Ironically, this is the same Lou who prematurely took Zambrano out of last year's NLDS to save him for the game that was never played. :lolhitting

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
Brewers moved to 39-33, 6 games behind the Cubs with their win today. They still have a long way to go, but they have made up a lot of ground lately after their awful start.

Man I can't figure out how any of these teams in the NL are over 500.

I actually like Len Kasper as an announcer, but he just said that he was glad they didn't make the rumored Brian Roberts deal because he likes what Cedeno and Gallagher have brought to the team.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
I actually like Len Kasper as an announcer, but he just said that he was glad they didn't make the rumored Brian Roberts deal because he likes what Cedeno and Gallagher have brought to the team.

Gallagher's been very good for them, and with the way their offense has been, I'd rather have the young starting pitcher. Not only that, it gives them more depth to trade for someone like C.C.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
Quite the meltdown by Marmol. Two walks, two HBP in the 4 batters he faced. All that, and the umpire was giving him some very generous strike calls.

This bodes very well for us tomorrow. :)

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 19, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
Terrible outing by Marmol.

2 walks and a hit batter to force in a run.

3-2 Cubs now, but the Rays have the bases loaded and no outs.

How will Scott Eyre get out of this one...?