Rumors: Sox/Reds Talking Dye for Bailey Swap

Dick Allen

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
Yep, what do people expect to actually read in an article like this. KW might have quickly responded to this due to his negotiations with other parties.

"Hey I heard you got Bailey, wanna talk about him?"

Hey, go call the trib and deny that story.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not loving this if it was just Dye for Bailey straight up, but if we could get someone like Dickerson in the deal as well, I'd be all for it. Bailey has a ton of potential, but he is still a major question mark and we'd be trading a big time bat in Dye for him. My dream scenario is something, even though I have no idea how I would get this one player, like:

1. Figgins, 3B

2. Getz/Lillibridge, 2B (platoon)

3. Quentin, RF

4. Thome, DH

5. Konerko, 1B

6. Dunn, LF

7. Ramirez, SS

8. Pierzynski, C

9. Taveras/Dickerson, CF (platoon)

BENCH: Betemit, Lillibridge/Getz, Dickerson/Taveras, Backup Catcher

ROTATION: Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, Bailey, CR/AP

PEN: CL Jenks, SU Thornton, SU Linebrink, SU/MRP Dotal, MRP Carrasco, MRP Link?/VB?/???, LRP CR/AP

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
Cowley on Twitter 3 minutes ago: "Dye trade is being shot down by some sources now. Hold off on the Homer Bailey jerseys for right now."

Cowley's source are probably blogs, web boards, and a maybe other newspapers. He has taken over for the carpet bomber as the best tactician of spread the crap rumors. I bet you if MLBTR comes out with something else, Cowley will be twittering away on a new scoop.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
I think Cowley is smart with this twitter thing. People will appreciate his quick info and develop a relationship with him.

Like when Juan Uribe was gone, or the other associated piles of crap that he has said. He is by far the worst when it comes to accuracy. The only thing he is is Web 2.0 connected. That is about it.