Top Ten Worst Sox of the Decade

DABearSoX

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DGSOXFan14 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
Dont really consider him part of this but since we are talkin about such random players...

Whatever happened to Jeff Bajenaru after we traded him???

Pretty much nothing. He had an injury and missed a whole bunch of time, and wasn't effective when he didn't pitch. He retired a couple of years ago.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
Gotta be Jose Paniagua and Andy Gonzalez

I could not agree more on Paniagua, he really messed up in that September 2003 game, I think that was against the Twins, when we were ahead picked a fight and we lost all the momentum on the season and it went downhill from there.............

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
What about some of those knuckleheads from our bullpen in 2007, there were many Prinz (sp) and other, anybody remember any of those no names. They all should be on the list.

Aardsma, Dewon Day, Bukvich, Sisco (can't recall if he made an appearance that year), MacDougal, Wasserman, etc.

My goodness was that a bad bullpen!

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 10:23 PM)
You can tell the attitude of this board by the fact that the Top Ten Best Sox of the Decade gets 39 replies and died fairly quickly while this one about the worst is already at 107. People love to complain. :drink

That's a legitimate point, but it also shows that we have had some rag tag players come through this organization. I loved the World Series more than anything, what else can we say.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
Really? Top 10 worst of the decade? Did he run over your cat & lie about it or something?

Really? Did Tony Romo graduate? Hell no, he's a dumb ass.

I'm not a big Dotel fan is all. I'd rather see Kelly Wunsch out there than Oh, Do Tell.

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
This was hilarious to me for some reason. Octavio is actually one of my favorites.

I'm saying. Just making sure I didn't miss something.

D'Angelo Jimenez, Andy Gonzalez, Darin Erstad, Jerry Owens, Joe Borchard, Todd Ritchie, David Wells, Rick White, Billy Koch & Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (The Beast @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)

I'm not a big Dotel fan is all. I'd rather see Kelly Wunsch out there than Oh, Do Tell.

Um, I'm pretty sure Romo graduated...so what's the point you're trying to make here?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
The funny thing I remember about Jeff Bajenaru is that he was black in MLB 2K5.

Same here, I was confused when I saw the real him.

Most of what this thread is doing however, is reminding me how many bad players my memory has suppressed from 2007.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
Um, I'm pretty sure Romo graduated...so what's the point you're trying to make here?

I think the point was to be as random as possible. For example:

Andy Gonzalez is my top worst player of the decade. And Lindsay Lohan likes cocaine! So there!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 1, 2010 -> 10:00 AM)
I think the point was to be as random as possible. For example:

Andy Gonzalez is my top worst player of the decade. And Lindsay Lohan likes cocaine! So there!

Apparently Romo did graduate with a degree in Communications in 2003. I just didn't fancy Dotel, that's all.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
Aardsma, Dewon Day, Bukvich, Sisco (can't recall if he made an appearance that year), MacDougal, Wasserman, etc.

My goodness was that a bad bullpen!

Wassermann in 2007, his only near-full season: 2.74 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, .224 AvgA. He was actually an above-average reliever that year, among a crowd of losers.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)

LOL, this wasn't the "players I'm not a fan of" thread, its supposed to be the absolute worst of the decade. With all the awful players to choose from, how can you pick a guy who was probably better than most relievers the team had in that period?