2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)
The teams letting them interview may not think so. You think Mike McCoy could be a little distracted by this when he has a game plan to implement. Now what if he interviewed every day last week and this week? Interviewing them for s***s and giggles will make a GM look bad.

I don't think teams are even allowed to withhold assistants from interviewing for promotions like HC.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 03:44 PM)
The teams letting them interview may not think so. You think Mike McCoy could be a little distracted by this when he has a game plan to implement. Now what if he interviewed every day last week and this week? Interviewing them for s***s and giggles will make a GM look bad.

They can only interview once per week, on a day and place approved by the coach's current team.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
Lovie Smith may interview for the Chiefs DC position. I'd have no problems at all with that.

So Lovie's HC days are def over?

That would be a great hire.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 07:27 PM)

I think he will be a HC but he just wasn't the immediate hot commodity that Reid was, give it a year or 2 and he will be interviewing again for head coaching gigs.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 07:27 PM)

Actually not. It's a matter of if Lovie wants to take the job. Michael Wright of ESPNChicago was on with Carm, Jurko and Harry today, and he was saying most people thought he would be taking the Buffalo job, but he didn't really want it and he specifically stated, from the time he was canned, he received a bunch of phone calls for HC positions that opened up. He made it sound like Lovie's being pretty picky and doesn't want to take a risk on a bad franchise. I have also heard, he doesn't want to go to SD unless they have a front office in place, with a plan and where they could co-exist. I also believe I read Lovie will be interviewing in Philly tomorrow.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)
They've been talking about Lovie to Philly on ESPN all morning. Not a bad fit IMO

I assume the Eagles are cutting Michael Vick? If not, Lovie could quick-fix that defense and they could easily be solid next year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
I assume the Eagles are cutting Michael Vick? If not, Lovie could quick-fix that defense and they could easily be solid next year.

Foles could be his new Rex

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 12:19 AM)
BREAKING: Sources: @RGIII to have total reconstruction surgery for torn ACL & LCL Wed. Projected recovery 6-8 months. (via @mortreport) -- ESPN

Wow, that sucks. Hope he has a full recovery.

BREAKING: Sources: @RGIII to have total reconstruction surgery for torn ACL & LCL Wed. Projected recovery 6-8 months. (via @mortreport) -- ESPN

Between Griffin being majorly injured for the second time in the same place, and all of the draft picks they still owe for him, this could crush the Redskins for years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
Between Griffin being majorly injured for the second time in the same place, and all of the draft picks they still owe for him, this could crush the Redskins for years.

This team will happily spend money though...

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 02:17 PM)
Didn't Goodell punish them last year thus leaving them like $15M over the cap? I thought it was them and Dallas.

That was because they tried to game the system by taking advantage of the uncapped year.

I'm surprised they a doing a reconstruction of the LCL. This should push the rehab time to the latter part of the timeframe if not longer.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
Brian Kelly interviewed with the Eagles today. There was rumor the Bears were jnterested but Dan Pompei is shooting it down

I sure hope they're not interested. As a general rule, I'm not a big fan of the hire-the-hot-college-coach approach.