2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Once again, I'm not an NBA fan but I do watch some on a boring fall/winter night when there's no NHL, NCAA or NFL, but if the Bulls are going to be without Deng until November, Rose until March, and depending on Butler for big minutes, they might have a chance at a top 8 pick next June.

No chance.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Butler may as well be a rookie, its not like he played big minutes last year. As far as I'm concerned, we have two rookies on our roster right now.

Except...he's not. He played last year. He's spent a year practicing with Thibs. He defended well against good players last year when he was in. He got to the line at a nice rate.

Except...he's not. He played last year. He's spent a year practicing with Thibs. He defended well against good players last year when he was in. He got to the line at a nice rate.

ok fine mr. stickler :P

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
An inefficient point guard? Bleh...

lol a PG with a .551 TS% (last year that is) is inefficient?

Just so you know, that was Derrick Rose's TS% his MVP year...

Edited by chw42

lol a PG with a .551 TS% (last year that is) is inefficient?

Just so you know, that was Derrick Rose's TS% his MVP year...

oh s***, I'm surprised to learn his efficiency was that high. For some reason I thought he was inefficient...

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Once again, I'm not an NBA fan but I do watch some on a boring fall/winter night when there's no NHL, NCAA or NFL, but if the Bulls are going to be without Deng until November, Rose until March, and depending on Butler for big minutes, they might have a chance at a top 8 pick next June.

No way Deng is going to be ready to go in November. And you still have to wait and see how the offseason plays out. But unless the Bulls are suddenly switching conferences, they're easily a playoff team.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 10:46 PM)
I can now say I've been a lab partner with an NBA player. That's neat.

Now, to boo him because he's on the Pistons.

English is gonna be successful in whatever he wants to do outside of basketball as well.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 11:58 PM)
No way Deng is going to be ready to go in November. And you still have to wait and see how the offseason plays out. But unless the Bulls are suddenly switching conferences, they're easily a playoff team.

Deng could be ready to go if he skips the surgery for some reason.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 06:44 AM)
Before Deng and Rose come back the Bulls are probably gonna be be looking at something like:

1-Hinrich/Teague

2-Rip/Hinrich/vet min

3-Butler/vet min

4-Boozer/Taj

5-Noah/Asik

Oh my.

I'll be honest, if they have those guys (and they are healthy), that team is still a 7th or 8th seed in the east.

Noah is really going to have to pick up his offensive game. They really need to consistently get 30+ from the combination of Boozer/Noah when Rose is gone.

The Bulls just really need to work on offense, creating plays and getting guys good looks going to the basket. Without Rose they just wont have anyone to bail them out if they get stagnant.

The NBA draft is funny. So many players are selected early based entirely on potential & measurables, yet it feels like over & over again players like that are often busts.

On a similar note, I don't see Meyers Leonard being worth a #11 pick. With this size, he can probably stick around the NBA for a while, (see Cook, Brian) but I don't see him being anything special at all. Good for him though to get drafted & get paid.

I saw someone tweet last week a quote from an actual NBA assistant general manager saying, "If Meyers Leonard were black he would be the number 2 pick in this draft". Found that pretty comical and interesting

If Meyers learns to stay in the post and be physical, he has immense upside. His ability to block shots alone will keep him in the NBA for quite a while. Being a 7 footer that can run and jump is a pretty hot commodity and the fact that Meyers has some back-to-the-basket game and a jumper that he might make when left open made him into a good late lottery pick.