White Sox winner!

Bighurt52235

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got done watching the game. The bullpen was stressful besides Webb, Cleto, and Bellsario. I didn't know it was that hard to throw strikes!! I'm not sure why Robin took out Cleto so soon. I really don't think Semien should be in the 2 hole right now. I would rather him get his feet wet in the lower part of the line up without so much pressure on him and get some confidence. I think he will ultimately be the 2 hitter but just not right now

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 11:31 PM)
Also in Nieto's first ever MLB at bat, I feel like he looked more comfortable at the plate then Flowers has ever been.

At least he looks like he can make contact on a fastball over 90.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 11:40 PM)
I'd love to see Semien's swing today vs. his swing last year. At least on opening day he was swinging through the ball. Today it seemed as if he was pulling his swing up short. Lots of weak pop ups before the strike outs.

That's the biggest sign of being in between. He's guessing and starting his swing defensively. He might get over it tomorrow.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:34 AM)
That's the biggest sign of being in between. He's guessing and starting his swing defensively. He might get over it tomorrow.

Yea i'd like to see semien have a couple of good games with the lumber before being sent down and I agree that soon he will but probably until Friday.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)
And he hit 34 last year, that still won't stop managers from challenging him when you are about 7x more likely that he will strike out.

As are the vast majority of major leaguers. You're scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're pulling out K/HR ratio to try and criticize Dunn. He was actually about 5.5:1 last year. Better than ML average.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
If the radar future track on weather.com is to be believed, the rain should end by around noon, providing a window. Hope they don't just postpone it early, hate rainouts.

They could definitely play the "inclement weather" card and postpone it now, but if there is a window after 2pm or something, they'll play. It can't be much colder than yesterday.

They could definitely play the "inclement weather" card and postpone it now, but if there is a window after 2pm or something, they'll play. It can't be much colder than yesterday.

The front coming through today is a warm front, so it should be 10 degrees warmer than yesterday. At least it is down here.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 07:56 AM)
The front coming through today is a warm front, so it should be 10 degrees warmer than yesterday. At least it is down here.

Accuweather's hourly forecast has 4-7pm at cloudy and 39 degrees.

People getting on Semien relax, he has had a whole 23 games at the major league level and two this year. For comparison this is what Ray Durham was doing in '95 as a 23 year old after two games .111/.200/.111 with 1 BB 2 SO and a GDP. Let Semien get adjusted to the pace of the game as well as what the major league strike zone looks like. I very confident Marcus will be our starting 2B for the foreseeable future. It just takes some patience.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 07:57 AM)
Only a 30% of rain from 1-6. They can get it in if they want to.

If they play it the actual attendance may rival a game I went to against Tampa Bay circa 1999. They played a twi-night DH, the first game was a make up and it was cold. We walked in during the top of the 1st, one step into the concourse we could actually hear McKay Christensen calling for a ball in CF. There couldn't have been 100 people in the stands. There was some fill in by the time the 2nd game started which was around the regularly scheduled game time.

People getting on Semien relax, he has had a whole 23 games at the major league level and two this year. For comparison this is what Ray Durham was doing in '95 as a 23 year old after two games .111/.200/.111 with 1 BB 2 SO and a GDP. Let Semien get adjusted to the pace of the game as well as what the major league strike zone looks like. I very confident Marcus will be our starting 2B for the foreseeable future. It just takes some patience.

I'm not going to "get on" Semien. It's not his fault that he isn't ready to be a major league player. He needs to play every day at AAA. I think he's eventually going to be a good player, but as of right now, the less time he spends in the majors, the better it is for him in the long run. It may be a blessing in disguise that he is off to such a terrible start so the Sox aren't tempted to keep him up when Beckham comes off the DL.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 09:38 PM)
there were two strikes on him with a man on second, and he strikes out looking. And why would he be looking fastball? I only saw deduno throw one fastball the entire inning, which was the first pitch to Dunn. he also looked bad that entire at bat.

PITCHf/x says Deduno threw 7 fastballs, but it's hard to tell because all of his fastballs always have sink or run (or both) to them. He doesn't really throw a straight 4-seamer. And a guy with Deduno's stuff is going to make a lot of guys look really bad. Nobody squared a ball up against him, and Eaton looked even worse.

That's a guy I'd really like to see the Sox get if the Twins ever let him go.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 07:52 AM)
As are the vast majority of major leaguers. You're scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're pulling out K/HR ratio to try and criticize Dunn. He was actually about 5.5:1 last year. Better than ML average.

Don't let facts get in the way of an Adam Dunn argument. Dunn haters don't like facts.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
PITCHf/x says Deduno threw 7 fastballs, but it's hard to tell because all of his fastballs always have sink or run (or both) to them. He doesn't really throw a straight 4-seamer. And a guy with Deduno's stuff is going to make a lot of guys look really bad. Nobody squared a ball up against him, and Eaton looked even worse.

Oh yea, that guy definitely has coop special written all over him. Stone always brings up that he won the pitching triple crown in the Rockies minor league system, so he definitely has it in him

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 08:11 AM)

Then there is the 0-41 guy who is now managing the team.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)

He's nasty. He's got the nice combination of having good stuff and having hitters terrified because nobody knows where it's going.