2015 Offseason

Boopa1219

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
You do realize that Yelich is a 4 WAR player this year and was the 6th best prospect last year.

I think the kid can be a 20/20, 6 WAR player in a year or two, while providing good walk rate and good defense in LF. While Cishek is a closer in his prime who does hit free agency till 2018.

I doubt Marlins would even do that trade, but if they offer, I'd consider.

I actually had not realized that he was a 4 WAR player last year, that surprises me. For some reason I've just never trusts him to pan out o be any more than an average outfielder.

Interesting thing I just saw whilst googling Yelich was that the Marlins are internally discussing moving him from LF to 1B next season. That will hurt his value some.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Lillian @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 07:36 AM)
I understand that our #8 Draft pick is protected. However, please explain exactly what the Sox would lose, if they signed Melky Cabrera and Victor Martinez, aside from a ton of money.

They would lose their 2nd and 3rd round picks and the slot amount for those picks. Let's pretend that the Sox bonus pool is something like $6.5 million total.

1st round pick: 3.2 Million

2nd Round pick: $1.1 million

3rd Round pick: $750,000

(Those numbers are completely hypothetical). Not only would the Sox lose the 2nd and 3rd rd picks, instead of a $6.5 million draft pool, they'd have a tad over $4.5 million to spend total.

Does this make sense?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 07:53 AM)
They would lose their 2nd and 3rd round picks and the slot amount for those picks. Let's pretend that the Sox bonus pool is something like $6.5 million total.

(Those numbers are completely hypothetical). Not only would the Sox lose the 2nd and 3rd rd picks, instead of a $6.5 million draft pool, they'd have a tad over $4.5 million to spend total.

Does this make sense?

Yes, that explains it

Thanks

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 01:53 PM)

Does this make sense?

if the player that is a free agent is worth the lost, then yeah. that will help the sox make the playoff.

however there is no way to gage that. so it is a crap shot on whether it is worth it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 08:26 AM)
If Q is going to the Marlins, I'm getting one of Stanton, Yelich, or Ozuna in return. And, if it's Yelich or Ozuna, I'm getting another pitcher or two in that trade too. At this point, the Sox need to be done trading young, quality players for packages of prospects.

If I can't get Stanton back in a straight up trade for Quintana and cash, I would want back Andrew Heaney and Chrisitan Yelich or Tyler Kolek (Who you would have to get back as a PTBNL) and another low level prospect.

But I would only trade Quintana for multiple prospects that are ML ready and one or two low level ones.

If I had to trade him, I would try to trade him to either the Pirates for Glasnow/Meadows/Tucker and the Dodgers for Seager/Urias/$.

If I had to trade him.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 06:38 PM)
If I can't get Stanton back in a straight up trade for Quintana and cash, I would want back Andrew Heaney and Chrisitan Yelich/Tyler Kolek (Who you would have to get back as a PTBNL) and another low level prospect.

But I would only trade Quintana for multiple prospects that are ML ready and one or two low level ones.

If I had to trade him, I would try to trade him to either the Pirates for Glasnow/Meadows/Tucker and the Dodgers for Seager/Urias/$.

If I had to trade him.

So 2 top prospects and the guy who was drafted before Rodon?

I just wanted to point that out.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 08:26 AM)
If Q is going to the Marlins, I'm getting one of Stanton, Yelich, or Ozuna in return. And, if it's Yelich or Ozuna, I'm getting another pitcher or two in that trade too. At this point, the Sox need to be done trading young, quality players for packages of prospects.

I like Yelich so I'm listening. But they need substantially more back.

And yes, Sox should be in young player for young player mode, although I'd still trade Alexei

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)
Q for Puig!!!

Buy your Puig jersey now Sox fans!

My brother lives in Orange County, and he says the same thing. His theory. He said after the 3 starters Dodgers need pitching and a catcher, and that Puig has a mind of his own inside and outside the clubhouse. LA getting tired of it and already have 3 proven outfielders and can unload Puig because of his salary as well as his antics. His theory, Danks ..Flowers for Puig and the Cuban connection of him and Abreu gets reconnected and helps his immaturity. Plus takes the place of Viciedo because he can field better. If Puig was a lefty...then maybe. But if they went after him, then we still have a left handed power bat void. Doubt it will all happen, but he told me

"you heard it here first!".

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
My brother lives in Orange County, and he says the same thing. His theory. He said after the 3 starters Dodgers need pitching and a catcher, and that Puig has a mind of his own inside and outside the clubhouse. LA getting tired of it and already have 3 proven outfielders and can unload Puig because of his salary as well as his antics. His theory, Danks ..Flowers for Puig and the Cuban connection of him and Abreu gets reconnected and helps his immaturity. Plus takes the place of Viciedo because he can field better. If Puig was a lefty...then maybe. But if they went after him, then we still have a left handed power bat void. Doubt it will all happen, but he told me

If you're willing to trade Alexei, Quintana and Flowers for him.

Per Rosenthal "O’Dowd stepping down as #Rockies GM. Geivett also resigning and leaving organization. Team will name new GM."

With that happening I believe his replacement in addition to the rockies solid performance at the gate will afford them to move one or both of CarGo and or Tulo

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
Puig, Abreu, Ramirez, Viciedo, Nieto. Sign Tomas... try and do everything we can to sport an all-Cuban lineup

Not enough room in the lineup for them all though.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)

I would do this trade in a second! I doubt the Dodgers would but hey, I'm not the Dodger GM so one can hope, right. I think that despite Puig's antics, he's worth more than Danks and Flowers. Danks, Flowers and Alexei for Puig might be closer.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 09:31 PM)
If Flowers and Danks gets us Puig I will literally eat Rich Hahn's butthole live on TV.

Yeah, I'm with you for sure!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 09:37 PM)
Whatever hallucinogenic mushrooms are being ingested, count me in with Rogen and Franco on that one.

Again, I'm in!

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
Wait, was the Danks and Flowers for Puig thing NOT sarcastic?

Not according to Rooftop Shots brother who lives in Orange County Ca.

Its just a baseball fans opinion, that's all. Personally, I hope his brother is right.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 09:31 PM)
If Flowers and Danks gets us Puig I will literally eat Rich Hahn's butthole live on TV.

LOL I'll have the DVR all set and ready to go if it takes place with the Hahn thing. I am SURE that no such trade will take place. He just made a comment about their "somewhat " displeasure with Puig and their 2 other

needs that they have.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 04:13 AM)
What if the Sox FO feels Rodon can slide into Q's spot and the team not miss a beat? That's how we could get a superstar hitter and still contend. Rodon could be that good in their eyes.

We don't have quality #3 & #4 starters, so we're not contending without both Quintana & Rodon.