**Official ALDS Games thread**

Brian

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 11:43 PM)
Pretty amazing that DeAza turned out to be a great addition for Baltimore. He really really stunk the past 2 seasons in Chicago. Two RBI and hits today again.

No, it's that he isn't surrounded by other people who are bad at baseball.

Did you guys just start reading my posts yesterday? I've been on the Royals-hate bandwagon for years now. I'm not gonna stop just because they suddenly give the media a funny feeling down below.

Moustakas is just an ugly Gordon Beckham, just got lucky to get the barrel of the bat on one last night.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 07:19 AM)
Did you guys just start reading my posts yesterday? I've been on the Royals-hate bandwagon for years now. I'm not gonna stop just because they suddenly give the media a funny feeling down below.

Moustakas is just an ugly Gordon Beckham, just got lucky to get the barrel of the bat on one last night.

But they have great outfield defense. Their outfield had a .991 fielding % this year, which was 3rd in the AL. The TBS broadcast told me so!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
That was a fun game to watch.

How is the area reaction to a playoff loss like this? When the Sox lost to the Angels in 05, it was just a kick in the gut and radio/tv was so down about it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 08:45 AM)
How is the area reaction to a playoff loss like this? When the Sox lost to the Angels in 05, it was just a kick in the gut and radio/tv was so down about it.

Local radio doesn't start until later today, so not entirely sure. Morning radio on both stations are national syndicates (Dan Patrick or Colin / Mike & Mike). In general though local radio will probably spend most of its time talking about the Dodgers.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 10:53 AM)
Local radio doesn't start until later today, so not entirely sure. Morning radio on both stations are national syndicates (Dan Patrick or Colin / Mike & Mike). In general though local radio will probably spend most of its time talking about the Dodgers.

or the Rams coming back home

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
or the Rams coming back home

Discussed very lightly. I haven't heard much about it other then the typical chatter. I dont' want a team here cause it means I'll have another team that I'll be forced to have their games on local tv. I already get stuck with enough Raiders / Chargers games. If they add an NFC team it will be brutal cause it will mean I get less nationally televised Bears games. Only upside will be if the Bears play said local team.

Verlander gives up a 2-run shot to Markakis in the 3rd, but Detroit comes back with a 5 spot in the 4th, big blow a 3-run bomb by JD Martinez. What a free pick-up that was. Orioles bullpen already in the game.

Kind of surprised they went with Verlander instead of Price today, but if they win it will put them in a good spot for game 3.