2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 12:25 PM)
I believe most people are giving Arrieta credit. Most people are just refuting that he's better than Chris Sale.

There lies the difference.

Arietta is good but I rather have Chris Sale.

Just my opinion.

That's how it started but it turned into a game of telephone that says Arrieta is only good cuz he's in the NL and not that good cuz he's a Cub.

Carrie Muskat ‏@CarrieMuskat 3h3 hours ago

Elias says #Cubs Arrieta is 1 of 3 Ps in 15-start span within a season to record at least 12 Ws, ERA under 1.00, and more than 100 Ks.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
I kinda want the Cubs to get to the WS just to see the board implode. lol. I can't believe how many people here have the Cubs living rent free in their heads.

This is pretty funny coming from the guy that can't keep it in his pants anytime the Cubs win a game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
Not a cheapie for Bryant

Ho.Ly. Crap.

What makes me giggle in this thread is how we are insisting on comparing Sale and Arrieta when they really have nothing to do with each other and can both win the Cy Young. Not saying they will.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)
I kinda want the Cubs to get to the WS just to see the board implode. lol. I can't believe how many people here have the Cubs living rent free in their heads.

Which is funny, because you are the one performing verbal fellatio on the team...

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Sep 6, 2015 -> 11:32 PM)
That's what good teams do, they beat bad teams.

That is true, but junk teams like Milwaukee and Atlanta are inexcusably bad. And during their big run, they beat these teams 11 times. The NL is just junk. Take a look at the Tigers. They beat up on the Cubs and won 2 games in a row against them. Reason...that have some guys that can swing the bat. Very unlike many NL teams. Then...boom...they play Atlanta and win 4 in a row. A perfect way to end a losing streak. Put the Cubs in any of the AL Divisions and they are no more than a .500 team. I truly believe that.

Explain to me, how does a team that strikes out at such as high percentage, with a middle of the road run differential, a mediocre bullpen, and #3-5 starters that average at best to below average have such a great record? They play in a terrible NL. My problem is not necessarily with the Cubs. It is with the media that never acknowledges this fact, but is quick to acknowledge it with other Chicago teams (i.e. Bulls). It is annoying. I guess they are just living "rent free" in my head :)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
The White Sox win the division in 2002, 2003, 2004 and probably a couple other years I'm forgetting if they could've done exactly what the Cubs are doing this year: skullf*** bad teams.

3rd place. They really skullf***ed the White Sox and Phillies.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
The White Sox win the division in 2002, 2003, 2004 and probably a couple other years I'm forgetting if they could've done exactly what the Cubs are doing this year: skullf*** bad teams.

If it were 2002/3/4, the Cubs wouldn't be in the playoff hunt.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Sep 7, 2015 -> 06:06 AM)
That is true, but junk teams like Milwaukee and Atlanta are inexcusably bad. And during their big run, they beat these teams 11 times. The NL is just junk. Take a look at the Tigers. They beat up on the Cubs and won 2 games in a row against them. Reason...that have some guys that can swing the bat. Very unlike many NL teams. Then...boom...they play Atlanta and win 4 in a row. A perfect way to end a losing streak. Put the Cubs in any of the AL Divisions and they are no more than a .500 team. I truly believe that.

Explain to me, how does a team that strikes out at such as high percentage, with a middle of the road run differential, a mediocre bullpen, and #3-5 starters that average at best to below average have such a great record? They play in a terrible NL. My problem is not necessarily with the Cubs. It is with the media that never acknowledges this fact, but is quick to acknowledge it with other Chicago teams (i.e. Bulls). It is annoying. I guess they are just living "rent free" in my head :)

You're out of your mind, the AL is garbage this year.