4/21- White Sox vs Indians 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:18 PM)
And if that was the plan, why not give him a start? Now you've wasted a QS from Noesi, shattered Rodon's confidence, and lost a game to a division foe. I just don't know what to think of this org.

They cannot start him and then have his innings limitin August.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 02:25 AM)
Buehrle 202 career wins. I'm telling you I'll never understand why we let him go. He's worth every f***ing dime.

He's getting insane run support. Unless he makes this team start hitting, he would be of no help

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
Just so you know, the bench does not call pitches.

You can bet that Coop gave Flowers instructions on what he wants the kid to throw. Rodon is way too important to let Flowers call his game before he really understands his arsenal.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 02:25 AM)
0-9, 5 K's for our 4-6 hitters tonight. Straight getting it done by the "big hitters" in the lineup.

We don't have enough power in the lineup. As soon as LaRoche bats, there is no real power threat

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
I feel the same way. Frustrates me. I feel like there's never any urgency to stay in the pennant race with this bunch (Robin, KW, Hahn post 2005).

Agreed.

Exactly. Also way to throw away any momentum from last night. Buzzkill tonight. Thanks for the DP as well, Melky. It was 1-1 and it was time to smoke a double for the money you are making.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)
You can bet that Coop gave Flowers instructions on what he wants the kid to throw. Rodon is way too important to let Flowers call his game before he really understands his arsenal.

His arsenal is a fastball and a slider. His changeup is a work in progress. So lots of fastballs and when he gets ahead sliders. If he cant throw either for a strike, then the playbook is out the door. Its not like they didnt catch the kid a bunch of times in spring training. He was jacked up and his command was s***. It happens.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:27 PM)

And I would have thought the bench would take issue with fastball after fastball to Rayburn after that sequence, but Coop didn't seem to take any issue with it because after his visit they kept coming.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:26 PM)
They cannot start him and then have his innings limitin August.

I agreed with the decision to put him in the pen before tonight. I did not foresee our totes awesome manager putting him in a pressure situation for his major league debut in a tight game. They literally threw the game to watch Rodon pitch. If that was the goal, they should've just started him. If the goal was to acclimate him to the bigs, he shouldn't have been inserted into a pressure situation like he was tonight. It's management 101, baseball or not...you put your people in positions to succeed.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
going straight by the numbers, Rodon looks like he pitched like crap.

how did he actually look?

Really wild. It hasn't been much fun to watch but I wouldn't draw any conclusions from it, he's obviously way too amped up.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:25 PM)
0-9, 5 K's for our 4-6 hitters tonight. Straight getting it done by the "big hitters" in the lineup.

It's like the pressure is still on the Sox every AB. It's been this way for a long time now. Why can't they just loosen up and work these pitchers. Foul pitches off on purpose, play the game. We don't play the game, we just swing at baseballs. Hard to iterate this feeling.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
His arsenal is a fastball and a slider. His changeup is a work in progress. So lots of fastballs and when he gets ahead sliders. If he cant throw either for a strike, then the playbook is out the door. Its not like they didnt catch the kid a bunch of times in spring training. He was jacked up and his command was s***. It happens.

Agree but Coop is not letting Flowers call the pattern. Watch how often Flowers looks over to the dugout. His head looks like a swivel.