Sale pitching in AS Game in Emergency situation ONLY

knightni

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 12:34 AM)
So did Sale. Unfortunate.

I hope Sale is so pissed at Cooper and Ventura for making a big deal out of this. He should be FURIOUS. He knows his body. This team is four under and KC 18 over. Yeah that's sure a big series coming up ... NOT.

Sale should be so mad at this joke of an organization. Pitching Saturday then Tuesday is a big deal??? Why not just shut him down a month so he doesn't get hurt?

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 06:17 PM)
another moronic move by the sox organization.

I wanted to see him tonight,too. Figured they'd agree on 1 inning only, and there should be no prob inking Sale in for Sunday.

I'm actually ok with the possibility of Sale not pitching tonight. I can understand where Ventura is coming from since Sale has thrown alot of pitches since May 6th. The future of the team and Sale's health is more important in the big picture.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 06:54 PM)
I hope Sale is so pissed at Cooper and Ventura for making a big deal out of this. He should be FURIOUS. He knows his body. This team is four under and KC 18 over. Yeah that's sure a big series coming up ... NOT.

Sale should be so mad at this joke of an organization. Pitching Saturday then Tuesday is a big deal??? Why not just shut him down a month so he doesn't get hurt?

Do you need an aspirin or something?

I'm fine with sale not pitching in the game. Gives him rest and now can pitch against kc this weekend. He had the same thing a couple years ago. Went for the sox and didn't pitch cause it was too close to his last game pitched before the all star game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 06:54 PM)

Well this post is ridiculous.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 12:31 AM)
Well this post is ridiculous.

I want to know how many pitchers available tonight pitched on Saturday. Probably half or more. What a fricking joke. White Sox are very very disappointing organization. If Sale truly is mad there should be some articles in the Trib on this!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
I want to know how many pitchers available tonight pitched on Saturday. Probably half or more. What a fricking joke. White Sox are very very disappointing organization. If Sale truly is mad there should be some articles in the Trib on this!

Good lord.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)

First you get upset at beards. Now you are upset that our number 1 pitcher isn't pitching in an exhibition game. You get upset at the oddest things.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 01:54 AM)
First you get upset at beards. Now you are upset that our number 1 pitcher isn't pitching in an exhibition game. You get upset at the oddest things.

I just don't get a.) why the White Sox would care if Sale pitches tonight. Very rarely do you hear about something this petty being requested when a guy is already on 2 days rest. b.) why Sale even made the trip. he should be embarrassed and furious he's being coddled like this as a member of a last place team.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 02:12 AM)
I'm sure they asked Sale beforehand if he would be ok starting in Kansas City and he probably said he'd prefer starting that game to try and get them back into things

If every team asked to keep their pitchers out of the game there'd be no game. Especially ones who are on 2 days rest. If Sale is that brittle, outlaw him from all future all star games. I certainly would never add him again if I was the AL manager/selection committee people.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 02:18 AM)
Most people that are angry about him not pitching would criticize the Sox for letting him pitch if he happens to get hurt in the game. It's an exhibition game. No reason to have him pitch.

What is the basis of him getting hurt??? Anybody could get hurt? Why did the Dodgers dare let Greinke pitch?? Why are the Mets letting this young flamethrower pitch?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
If every team asked to keep their pitchers out of the game there'd be no game. Especially ones who are on 2 days rest. If Sale is that brittle, outlaw him from all future all star games. I certainly would never add him again if I was the AL manager/selection committee people.

Ozzie didn't pitch Buehrle, Contreras or Jenks in the 2006 All-Star Game

*Edited, accidentally typed Danks instead of Jenks

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
I just don't get a.) why the White Sox would care if Sale pitches tonight. Very rarely do you hear about something this petty being requested when a guy is already on 2 days rest. b.) why Sale even made the trip. he should be embarrassed and furious he's being coddled like this as a member of a last place team.

I don't get why you don't understand that a: teams don't give up on playing competitively at the all star break because fans on Kansas feel that they are out of the race at 4 games under and 80 to play, and b: Chris Sale is representing the White Sox as a selected All Star, which is an honor even though he has done it before.

He isn't being coddled, his team would rather him be ready for his normal start on normal rest and normal side sessions, instead of uncertainty from pitching an EXHIBITION game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 02:22 AM)
I don't get why you don't understand that a: teams don't give up on playing competitively at the all star break because fans on Kansas feel that they are out of the race at 4 games under and 80 to play, and b: Chris Sale is representing the White Sox as a selected All Star, which is an honor even though he has done it before.

He isn't being coddled, his team would rather him be ready for his normal start on normal rest and normal side sessions, instead of uncertainty from pitching an EXHIBITION game.

Then you tell me please why any team has agreed to let their players play in this EXHIBITION game! Anybody could get hurt. How dare anybody be allowed to play. How dare any GM allow his pitcher to pitch. Now he can't pitch the first couple games of the next series!! I can't believe some of you are OK with Sale being babied like this when other big leaguers have to take the mound tonight!

Edited by greg775