Jon Papelbon

Carlos Martinez

Shelby Miller

Brad Box berger

Darren O'Day

Kelvin Herrera

Sonny Gray

Chris Sale

Available All-Stars who all didn't pitch last night. The horror. Will they still get participation trophies?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 04:11 AM)
A.J. Burnett

Michael Wacha

Jon Papelbon

Carlos Martinez

Shelby Miller

Brad Box berger

Darren O'Day

Kelvin Herrera

Sonny Gray

Chris Sale

Available All-Stars who all didn't pitch last night. The horror. Will they still get participation trophies?

Wait a second, the FEARLESS Ned Yost didn't pitch Kelvin Herrera? How is this possible? Yost is afraid of nothing, this must be a misprint

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)
By the way, if Sale wants to coddle Robin/Coop, whoever made this call, he'll say after the game he didn't quite feel right since his last start and asked for the time off. That will shut up people like me whether it's true or not. Will Sale cooperate and say this? Hmmmmm

Or maybe it will be true.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
Without knowing the particular situation there is no telling which manager/GM told them how to pitch their guys. Those discussions happen every year. Maybe Sale was feeling some elbow tenderness that the team doesn't want the rest of the league to know about. Maybe he wanted to pitch even with the soreness and was told no. Before you go accusing people of things just remember you will never get all of the information and most teams do things they need to to protect their own interests.

I've had to hold players out from playing. I was once called every name in the book plus ones I has never heard before when I told Don Majkowski he couldn't play in a game. He threatened my family. Sometimes it's for their own good.

I assume Majkowski crossed the line of scrimmage before you managed to stop him. :angry:

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
I'm sure they asked Sale beforehand if he would be ok starting in Kansas City and he probably said he'd prefer starting that game to try and get them back into things

You could be right, but not according to Harold Reynolds. He said every player thinks it is great to make the team but you really want to play. I wonder what Sale really though as he sat watching

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 07:31 AM)
You could be right, but not according to Harold Reynolds. He said every player thinks it is great to make the team but you really want to play. I wonder what Sale really though as he sat watching

Yea, but Harold Reynolds is a moron.

Sounds like Sale pitching Sunday could still be the plan. After reading the article it sounds like Sale has no animosity at all about not pitching the ASG.

"I don't make calls like that," he said of whether he will start Sunday. "[but] absolutely, any time you get an in-division rival, those are the games you need, those are the games you want. Like I said before, I'm here to pitch, whatever they've got for me, I'm game for it."

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/136...ll-star-victory

If Sale goes Sunday I really hope the Sox get creative and skip Danks and go with Samardzija, EJ, Q, Sale for the Sox/Royals series.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
Sounds like Sale pitching Sunday could still be the plan. After reading the article it sounds like Sale has no animosity at all about not pitching the ASG.

"I don't make calls like that," he said of whether he will start Sunday. "[but] absolutely, any time you get an in-division rival, those are the games you need, those are the games you want. Like I said before, I'm here to pitch, whatever they've got for me, I'm game for it."

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/136...ll-star-victory

If Sale goes Sunday I really hope the Sox get creative and skip Danks and go with Samardzija, EJ, Q, Sale for the Sox/Royals series.

interesting point, with ref to the bonuses that is associated with the ASG, being selected, fulfills that requirement. however the team and the org does come first.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
Without knowing the particular situation there is no telling which manager/GM told them how to pitch their guys. Those discussions happen every year. Maybe Sale was feeling some elbow tenderness that the team doesn't want the rest of the league to know about. Maybe he wanted to pitch even with the soreness and was told no. Before you go accusing people of things just remember you will never get all of the information and most teams do things they need to to protect their own interests.

I've had to hold players out from playing. I was once called every name in the book plus ones I has never heard before when I told Don Majkowski he couldn't play in a game. He threatened my family. Sometimes it's for their own good.

There is a name I haven't heard in a long time. Awesome story.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 12:08 AM)
No need to insult us. Yes it's only an exhibition game, but what makes the White Sox so special that they were the only team to ask (demand?) they not use one of their players? The last place, woeful White Sox. They truly are a laughingstock over this issue. I'm still waiting to see if Chris Sale takes the heat off the front office by saying he "didn't feel right" or something. That's all he needs to say and people like me have to shut up. Will he do that, though?

How many teams didn't have a player compete in the game? I do not know the answer. Was it just the White Sox? At least Big Hurt was one of the commentators.

Seriously though. Some of us have the right to be mad about Sale not pitching. I wonder when is the last time a White Sox did not appear in the game. Some franchises are proud to show off their best players; the Sox ask that the player not be used. I bet Yost got sick of dealing with Robin and just said, "Fine he won't f***ing pitch unless we need him in extra innings and there's no other option."

If I was Sale and I wanted to pitch, I'd sure let the Sox beat writers know it wasn't my call. Hopefully Sale will call out those who made this call or shut me up by saying he hasn't felt 100 percent right lately. He could even say he's had a bug or something. That shuts Greg up.

I find it funny that my 11 year old son, who adores Chris Sale, took the news that he wasn't pitching better than most adults in here.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 07:31 AM)

There are two huge differences between Reynolds and Sale. First, Reynolds made just 2 All Star games so of course he wanted to play. Sale has already made 4 and has pitched in 3. It doesn't quite mean the same as a guy who's getting there for the first time. Second, Sale is a pitcher. There is a big difference between warming up and pitching an inning versus playing the field for an inning and maybe taking 1 at bat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 06:54 PM)
I hope Sale is so pissed at Cooper and Ventura for making a big deal out of this. He should be FURIOUS. He knows his body. This team is four under and KC 18 over. Yeah that's sure a big series coming up ... NOT.

Sale should be so mad at this joke of an organization. Pitching Saturday then Tuesday is a big deal??? Why not just shut him down a month so he doesn't get hurt?

Can someone remind me how to use the ignore feature again? I can't read this crap anymore.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
This thread is hilarious. I would have liked to see him pitch, but I also don't mind him getting extra rest. There is absolutely zero reason to get upset about this.

Tipping his cap and doing an extended interview on MLB Network was plenty enough for me. I've seen him pitch in All Star Games before. I've seen him screwed out of a AS Game MVP before. So last night, no big deal.

The thing I don't agree with is him not starting on Friday against the Royals and maximizing his second half starts if the team actually believes they're still in it. At this point, I'm expecting them to split the next 14 games or go 6-8, and the trading will begin. And then they'll shut down Sale at the end of the season with 30 starts, and they'll put him back in the glass case until next spring training.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
Can someone remind me how to use the ignore feature again? I can't read this crap anymore.

Click on the person you want to ignore's user name. On their profile page there is a drop down menu that says options. Click on that and then click ignore user.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
I want to know how many pitchers available tonight pitched on Saturday. Probably half or more. What a fricking joke. White Sox are very very disappointing organization. If Sale truly is mad there should be some articles in the Trib on this!

There were 29 pitchers on the AS roster. There were 17 starters and 12 relievers.

Only 16 of those 29 pitchers actually pitched in the game. Of those 16 only 5 pitched on Saturday or Sunday. Of those 5, only one of them is a starting pitcher: Dallas Keuchel. Had Sale pitched he would’ve been the only other starting pitcher going on 2 days rest.

Of the 13 pitchers that DNP 7 of them pitched on Saturday or Sunday. 4 of them were starters: Sale, Burnett, Gray and Scherzer. The last two took themselves out because they pitched on Sunday.

So to wrap it all up, there were 5 starting pitchers on the AS rosters that pitched Saturday or Sunday. Only one made an appearance in the game. Holding Sale out was not unprecedented. So please stop throwing a tantrum about it.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
Click on the person you want to ignore's user name. On their profile page there is a drop down menu that says options. Click on that and then click ignore user.

Thank you.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 01:32 PM)
Well he speaks from experience having played in the game twice. Did you ever get the chance???

Oh, i will just see myself right out of here for never having played major league baseball in my life before. You can run the place now

before I leave

http://nextimpulsesports.com/2015/07/14/ha...-all-star-game/