The Disappointment Thread

bmags

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
Only disappointed they didn't sell Samardzija.

Glad they didn't make any foolish acquisitions.

If they did not find they could add a player of value with the players they wanted to keep, they should have sold. We just had every relevant wild card team load up. God, this is so frustrating. I'm frustrated they didn't move soon enough for a package, then it turned out the market was great, and we decided not to be a part of it to try and compete, and then we do not do anything to get better.

What ...are you doing White Sox FO

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
Anyone wish the Sox went 3-5 on that trip instead of 7-1?

I feel like the Celtics, feel good run to et into meaningless playoff position, then in draft see a great player (winslow) drop to team you leap frogged for your fruitless playoff birth.

Except sox won't even get the playoffs.

I think it's fine. This team has been gelling pretty well lately, and obviously has great chemistry. Who knows what a guy like Cespedes would do to that.

You can pretty much guarantee guys like Upton, Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan Braun, etc., etc., will be put through waivers in the next week or two. If the Sox were to stay hot, they can still get a bat. I love to see the Sox go for it, so I would have liked to have seen a bat added now, but when I look at it objectively, the chances are still slim, and the only way it made sense was if it didn't put a dent in the Sox future. Most likely, that wasn't attainable.

And I full heartedly agree with holding onto Shark. Without him, our chances would be much less. The Sox should do the right thing now and give EJ Dank's spot in the rotation.

I like it. You can't give up on the team by trading Samardzija, but you can't trust this team so much that you'll pay big for a rental. The problem with going for a bigger deal is that it's not 100% clear where are needs are beyond "maybe everywhere." You can benefit from the information you get over the next two months about which players are going to flourish and which are going to need replaced in the offseason.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:09 PM)
If we weren't going to get a bat, we should have traded Samardzija.

100%.

This just screams indecisiveness. Teams were getting good returns for starters. Wasted opportunity for a team that will miss the playoffs.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
We're going to regret not getting anything for Samardzija

Bah, hard to regret what we don't have, we'll just say how the system is lacking position player prospects and then go play the FA market. Probably give up a draft pick again in the process.

You either buy or sell. Either you think you can make the postseason and strengthen that thought by adding a bat or you sell because you don't think you have enough. Don't just sit there and think we have enough, because honestly we don't.

Edited by chw42

Glad they didn't overpay for Cespedes. His price to the White Sox would have been higher than what they would have taken from the Mets.

Hung on to Shark, mixed emotions. If the last week was for real, or at least semi-real, this team is going to win games.

All in all, pretty surprised at nothing though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
Bah, hard to regret what we don't have, we'll just say how the system is lacking position player prospects and then go play the FA market. Probably give up a draft pick again in the process.

Exactly. We will both not be top 10 protected, and almost assuredly have to sign a big ticket FA.