Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 2m2 minutes ago

The Chicago #WhiteSox want to sign free agent OF Alex Gordon or Yoenis Cespedes, but only if they're willing to take 3-year deal or less.

More

That definitely ain't gonna get it done unfortunately

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 2m2 minutes ago

The Chicago #WhiteSox want to sign free agent OF Alex Gordon or Yoenis Cespedes, but only if they're willing to take 3-year deal or less.

More

I see this tweet and immediately think that this was planted in the media for posturing.

Rabbit just a few days ago mentioned that he heard numbers of 5/108 and 6/120

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
I see this tweet and immediately think that this was planted in the media for posturing.

Rabbit just a few days ago mentioned that he heard numbers of 5/108 and 6/120

Yeah. They clearly dont think thatd get it done. They're just trying to prove to Gordon's camp that the Royal's offer is reasonable, but we can still give a little more $$$.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 01:37 PM)
That isnt going to get any of them. Maybe if you were the only team in the OF market and willing to wait it out for forever. But the White Sox certainly arent. Someone will finally give in and sign one of them.

I tend to agree with you man, however at the same time if the market was that strong for these three I'd have to imagine they would have signed already. Maybe the sox are offering a 3 year deal because that's what the market is dictating. Really all I want is these three to sign so this is over already.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 01:40 PM)
I tend to agree with you man, however at the same time if the market was that strong for these three I'd have to imagine they would have signed already. Maybe the sox are offering a 3 year deal because that's what the market is dictating. Really all I want is these three to sign so this is over already.

The only way I see 3 years working is some sort of an opt out. Otherwise we might as well start looking forward to spring training.

I could see the Sox only wanting to do the 3 year deal for gordon. The other 2 I could see them go to a 4 or 5 year deal which was reported before that Sox were prefering a 4 or 5 deal. I think since supposedly the Sox were wanting gordon first that this is a ploy to get him for a 3 year deal maybe. But has to be pretty good chance Sox gets one of the 2 since they keep getting linked to them and only seems to be the team getting fully linked to them

Probably willing to go to 4 years on Gordon but he is asking for 5.

Probably willing to go to 5 years for Cespedes but he is asking for 6.

So they state through the press they're only wiling to go to 3... It's a negotiation tactic, me thinks.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
Yeah. They clearly dont think thatd get it done. They're just trying to prove to Gordon's camp that the Royal's offer is reasonable, but we can still give a little more $$$.

I didn't see rabbit post about numbers.