Boo Oakland!

southsider2k5

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
I just realized that the first pitch for opening day is going to be a 9 freaking 10 pm. Whatever happened to a day game for the first day of baseball? That absolutely sucks.

We are on Spring Break that week. I actually love it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
I just realized that the first pitch for opening day is going to be a 9 freaking 10 pm. Whatever happened to a day game for the first day of baseball? That absolutely sucks.

While it sucks (just means I will be tired next week), it is much much better than a day game, IMO! Work week day games are the absolute worst, especially on opening day.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)
While it sucks (just means I will be tired next week), it is much much better than a day game, IMO! Work week day games are the absolute worst, especially on opening day.

When you have to go to work at a normal time, a 9pm game is really late, and it means you probably won't see the end of it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
When you have to go to work at a normal time, a 9pm game is really late, and it means you probably won't see the end of it.

Hah, and when you work until a normal time, a day game means you probably won't see at least the first half (though better when on the WC).

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (Doc Edwards Shot @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 04:28 PM)
I'm totally OK with the late games on the west coast. My kids are in bed and I have the TV all to myself.

Plus, the weather will actually be good vs. having the first games here in Illinois where it could still be snowing. They should do this every year with the MLB scheduling.

Yep it's going to be really nice. Seattle is forecast for mid 60s (massive high pressure system swirling off shore) so the Bay Area should be about the same, maybe slightly warmer, with plenty of sun. Forecast for Monday in the bay is high 60s and partly cloudy. Sounds about right.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

I'm not a huge fan of West coast games, but will take the ability to watch an opening day game live on TV than being forced to watch delayed on DVR or follow on GameCast. Also, we don't have a day off following opening day this year, which is also a huge plus. Nothing worse than waiting months for your first real taste of baseball only to have to wait two more days for your second serving.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 05:06 PM)
I'm not a huge fan of West coast games, but will take the ability to watch an opening day game live on TV than being forced to watch delayed on DVR or follow on GameCast. Also, we don't have a day off following opening day this year, which is also a huge plus. Nothing worse than waiting months for your first real taste of baseball only to have to wait two more days for your second serving.

That was especially horrible last year after Opening Day left a bad taste in our mouths

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
Perfect for me! The real victory though is that the opener isn't followed by an off day, for once.

My victory is that I planned my vacation around opening week so I'll be posted up, watching as much baseball all day and night for a week! Best week of the year!

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)
May be getting a new job in the next month so I'm thinking I may used my 3 paid sick days I just earned recently during the next 2 weeks.

You use "sick days" so you can watch baseball games when not sick? And then you post on the internet to that effect?

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (oldsox @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)
You use "sick days" so you can watch baseball games when not sick? And then you post on the internet to that effect?

Well I normally wouldn't. But I'm being placed into a new job through an agency soon so might as well burn my days I'll lose at this other place am I right?

Edited by soxfan2014