AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 10:07 PM)
Absolutely love the winning, absolutely love the pitching but man the offense has got to start showing up. Can't expect the pitchers to keep going all year like this, they have to have some room for error.

Mark

The Sox hit a lot of balls hard early in this game and had some tough luck. The Rays could have easily lost by a few more runs. Odorizzi settled in a bit, but he was very fortunate that there wasn't a worse outcome.

I feel as if the offense DID show up today, just didn't get any bounces until the 9th inning. If the team as a whole can keep hitting balls hard as they did today, you will soon be singing a different tune about the offense.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 11:30 PM)
I was thinking the same thing tonight on several occasions.

Yeah, Eaton gets to a TON of balls that Avi never had a chance to get to. I feel very confident about any ball hit to CF, RFC, or RF. AJax and Eaton cover some ground.

Edited by Chilihead90

The Sox are 21ST in the Majors, in runs scored, averaging just 3.5 runs per game. Their OBP is under .300, at just .288.

It's amazing that they are 8 and 2. This pitching is just terrific.

I hope that Ventura starts hitting Melky behind Abreu and in front of Frazier, vs RHP. That seems like their best option, until they can acquire that middle of the order left handed bat, which I'm always advocating. Cabrera doesn't have the power, but he's a good run producer, and he seems to be on one of his streaks.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 11:20 PM)
The Sox hit a lot of balls hard early in this game and had some tough luck. The Rays could have easily lost by a few more runs. Odorizzi settled in a bit, but he was very fortunate that there wasn't a worse outcome.

I feel as if the offense DID show up today, just didn't get any bounces until the 9th inning. If the team as a whole can keep hitting balls hard as they did today, you will soon be singing a different tune about the offense.

The Rays announcers said in postgame the same thing about the Rays. They felt they hit Sale better late in the game---great catch by Eaton, ball Melky caught on warning track and the rocket right to Rollins. These things even out. Sale walked no one and only allowed a couple of hits. Sox caught a break with the collision which ultimately cost the Rays the game. White Sox, i.e. Rollins, took advantage of it and Sale probably could have gone 10 or 11 and not allowed a run.

Now if Danks can get 4 -5 runs we can keep the streak going.