White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think by tomorrow, the availability and affordability of both Sale and Quintana will be too much for one of these playoff-bound teams to pass up, and they will, in fact, meet the steep demands the Sox have out there right now.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 05:11 PM)
I'm cautiously optimistic. I think by tomorrow, the availability and affordability of both Sale and Quintana will be too much for one of these playoff-bound teams to pass up, and they will, in fact, meet the steep demands the Sox have out there right now.

I wish I could be this optimistic. That Duke trade has me spooked.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
I'll be honest, I will never abandon the White Sox. They will always be my passion, first and foremost. Having said that, if they try retooling it again, I'll be taking a long f***ing break. I won't be supporting this team with my money or time until changes are made. And I'm fully aware that will have no impact on their decision-making, but I can't sit by year after year as this organization continues to f***-up and continue to support this product.

I really hope I'm wrong and they make some big trades by tomorrow or at the very least in the offseason. Going for it once again in 2017 is a big f*** you to our entire fanbase.

I'm right there with you. Wasting more years of Sale and Q will make me take a break from this team.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 05:12 PM)
Cause he genuinely wants to know.

I don't think his sources are talking, honestly.

This guy has been all over the map the last few days. Brian is the only one I wait for actual inside news on here.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:23 PM)
This guy has been all over the map the last few days. Brian is the only one I wait for actual inside news on here.

I pay attention to a few things. Seems the info he gets is about call ups i.e. Anderson, Fulmer, Tilson. I'm still holding onto optimism that things are heating up now and we'll hear something before bed time or into the night.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 05:56 PM)
That is an interesting tweet from Merkin...

He didnt throw cold water on the though atleast.

Sounds like last minute offers may be in play

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:57 PM)
He didnt throw cold water on the though atleast.

Sounds like last minute offers may be in play

Oh they'll be talking until the deadline. Hahn's not going to give them away. So, if they're not dealt I'll be bummed but pissed. I don't want DD fleecing Hahn for one of our stud SPs.

Right now it seems that the focus is on the Yanks, Boston and Texas for acquiring Sale or Q. I think Houston joins the mix soon based on their need for pitching, contenders for the ALW and WC, plus they have the farm and players to get a deal done for Sale or Q. The next 20+ hours could be quite interesting.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 06:10 PM)
One thing Hahn has shown in the last 3+ years is a lot of patience. He's set a precedence with other GM's as someone who won't fold or budge much from his demands, I imagine.

I'd hope so. I guess it's better than KW, who seemed to just keep on piling prospects into deals to get them done.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 06:09 PM)
Right now it seems that the focus is on the Yanks, Boston and Texas for acquiring Sale or Q. I think Houston joins the mix soon based on their need for pitching, contenders for the ALW and WC, plus they have the farm and players to get a deal done for Sale or Q. The next 20+ hours could be quite interesting.

Dodgers should be in it. They lost norris today to back tighness. Honestly you think boston would be more aggressive. They are currently fighting for a wild card spot and haven't played well lately.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 05:54 PM)
Quintana, Sale deals still in play for White Sox https://t.co/VPtpZKe3tI via @mlb

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/759884479313960960

I'll take it as a positive too, but I hope this isn't Merkin (obviously a mouthpiece for the org), trying to manufacture more interest

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
I'll take it as a positive too, but I hope this isn't Merkin (obviously a mouthpiece for the org), trying to manufacture more interest

Even if it is, at least it shows a willingness on their part, which is the biggest thing in my book.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 06:20 PM)
Even if it is, at least it shows a willingness on their part, which is the biggest thing in my book.

True, I've been so irritated with the idea of this deadline passing with no sognificant trade I'm finding the negative of everything lol