Eaton to Nats/Giolito, Lopez, Dunning to Sox

southsider2k5

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
Q to the Astros for a slew of young hitters is the logical final move...the Dodgers seem to be closed off as an avenue.

Agreed let's hope we finish the Q deal tonight too lol. But don't count a Fraizer and Robertson deal to LA if they miss out on Turner and Their closer. We could get Bellinger Puig vertigo back as part of a package too.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
Agreed let's hope we finish the Q deal tonight too lol. But don't count a Fraizer and Robertson deal to LA if they miss out on Turner and Their closer. We could get Bellinger Puig vertigo back as part of a package too.

Holy crap!

Giolito, Lopez and Dunning for Eaton

Huge haul of arms to the Sox

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:07 PM)
How are you guys disappointed that we got the #4 and #38 prospects for Adam Eaton? We sold about as high as possible on him.

It doesn't help solve the problem we have now, at all. Our position players have been awful. As of now, we have set ourselves up to have the exact same problem we have now, but only if all goes right. If it doesn't, we won't have offensive or pitching.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:08 PM)
The Nationals fans hated trading Lopez. Like alot.

Glad we got him. I would have been OK with just Giolito honestly, but getting him is putting this deal over the top.

Eaton is a 4 win player, but we sold him like he was at least a 5 win player. You take that any day.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:08 PM)
I'm a huge Eaton fan, and I own an Eaton jersey. And I still love this deal. You still need good pitching to win championships, and developing pitching is the Sox bread and butter. Would I have liked Robles? Yeah, of course. But still, when you get two top 50 prospects for Eaton, you do it. Take it and run, baby.

We had good pitching. That wasn't the problem.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)

I hope Hahn is on the phone with the NYY, LAD and Marlins saying, hey, whichever one doesn't get Chapman or Jansen, we got Robertson. Come get him!