Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Given the injury risk to Moncada I really don't want him stealing a lot.  He's a 6 WAR true talent player.  Trying to steal 30 bags isn't worth the increased injury risk.  Let him rake, play a solid defensive 3B and run like the wind on hits into the gap while not pulling a hammy or jamming a finger.

Yeah I'm perfectly fine with him being a great hitter in the 2 or 3 spot. And I don't really want the bat taken out of his hand if guys get caught stealing with 2 outs.

Edited by soxfan2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Yeah I'm perfectly fine with him being a great hitter in the 2 or 3 spot.

I hope he's the 2 hitter for next decade.  He's the perfect 2 hitter in so many ways.  Don't move him down whoever is the manager, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The recent comments here make too much sense, which leads me to believe that Ricky will still be managing, they'll be attempting tons of SB's (because "we want to remain aggressive out there") while getting thrown out 32% of the time, and Moncada will be at some weird spot in the lineup (because "I need to break up the righties").  And bunting.  Ugh.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I hope he's the 2 hitter for next decade.  He's the perfect 2 hitter in so many ways.  Don't move him down whoever is the manager, please.

Yup. If not #2, no lower than #3 please. You put Moncada 2 or 3 and figure out the rest of the lineup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Moncada leading the majors in hits in September with 37 followed closely by Tim Anderson with 36.

A small sample of things to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, raBBit said:

Yup. If not #2, no lower than #3 please. You put Moncada 2 or 3 and figure out the rest of the lineup. 

1. Robert CF

2. Moncada 3B

3. Jimenez LF

4. Grandal C

5. Abreu 1B

6. Calhoun RF

7. Anderson SS

8. McCann DH

9. Madrigal 2B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

1. Robert CF

2. Moncada 3B

3. Jimenez LF

4. Grandal C

5. Abreu 1B

6. Calhoun RF

7. Anderson SS

8. McCann DH

9. Madrigal 2B

That lineup might score a few runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Robert CF

Moncada 3B

Anderson SS

Conforto RF

Jimenez LF

Abreu 1B/DH

Collins 1B/DH

McCann C

Madrigal 2B

What are you willing to deal for Conforto?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Whatever it takes.

As much as I'd love getting him I don't see why the Mets would trade him while they are a borderline WC team.  We also don't have anything to trade for him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

1. Robert CF

2. Moncada 3B

3. Jimenez LF

4. Grandal C

5. Abreu 1B

6. Moustakas DH

7. Anderson SS

8. Nimmo RF

9. Madrigal 2B

FIFY.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

That works, too.  What do you think it'll take to get Nimmo?

I think it could get done without any of our top 4 prospects or any major pieces already at the MLB level.

I've previously suggested Steiver + Rutherford + Cody Heuer.  I think that gets you close, if not there.  

Edited by ChiSox59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

As much as I'd love getting him I don't see why the Mets would trade him while they are a borderline WC team.  We also don't have anything to trade for him.  

The Mets have too many OF's and Conforto is not a former Van Weenie client.  

Of course they do. Stop yourself.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think it could get done without any of our top 4 prospects or any major leagues already at the MLB level.

I've previously suggested Steiver + Rutherford + Cody Heuer.  I think that gets you close, if not there.  

I wouldn't hate that, but considering how much money we have to work with, I think trades should be considered a last resort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Mets have too many OF's and Conforto is not a former Van Weenie client.  

Of course they do. Stop yourself.   

 

I would think Nimmo is more attainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

I wouldn't hate that, but considering how much money we have to work with, I think trades should be considered a last resort.

Yah...it has been discussed ad nauseam and not really a great fit for a Moncada thread.

But what we need in RF, this FA market does not provide.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Just wait until Vaughn comes up.

2B Madrigal

3B Moncada

CF Robert

LF Jimenez

1B Vaughn

DH Abreu

SS Anderson

RF Walker

C McCann/Collins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Sir said:

2B Madrigal

3B Moncada

CF Robert

LF Jimenez

1B Vaughn

DH Abreu

SS Anderson

RF Walker

C McCann/Collins

Potential 2021 lineup maybe.  I'd put Adolfo in RF over Walker at this juncture though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Sir said:

2B Madrigal

3B Moncada

CF Robert

LF Jimenez

1B Vaughn

DH Abreu

SS Anderson

RF Walker

C McCann/Collins

This will be filled by someone outside the organization, I'm about 95% on that at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah...it has been discussed ad nauseam and not really a great fit for a Moncada thread.

But what we need in RF, this FA market does not provide.  

Yeah, would it be possible for somebody to take all of these lineup posts and discussion and move them to the Future Lineup thread?

I agree that the FA market isn't great for RF. But what are the chances that we would win a World Series with Nimmo instead of Calhoun (and all other things being equal)? In other words, if the trade doesn't put you over the top, why give away prospects when we could just wait until next year to see if one of our prospects is the answer or if there is somebody who is a FA after next year that could help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×