6/6- White Sox at Twins, 7:10

flavum

Just now, caulfield12 said:

White Sox pitching is 50% of it, although he's had some really underrated seasons offensively (cumulatively against all teams)...

He's hitting balls 375-400 feet that look like routine fly outs

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Can we all contact Joe Torre or Randy Marsh (Director, Major League Umpires) and stage a "mass e-mail protest" of that CB Bucknor call???

Randy Marsh????

Image result for randy marsh balls

I'll show ya a 2 ball count. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

We've been talking A LOT about players declining at age 33-35, but Zobrist's putting up an 840 OPS, fwiw...granted, he's benefiting from getting the best possible match-ups with opposing pitchers, but worth noting there are anomalies out there.

Meanwhile, Q's outdueling Aaron Nola...didn't see that one coming.  ERA almost back below 4.

Edited by caulfield12

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/nothing-but-positives-about-white-sox-38th-round-pick-matt-klug/

Well, who says there aren't any uplifting, feel good stories in sports these days?   Liking Hostetler more and more everyday.

“[Losing my parents] kept me humbled. You know how valuable every day of life is.”

White Sox scout Kevin Burrell suggested the selection of Klug, who was drafted in the same round as Mark Buehrle in 1998. While Klug won’t actually sign and play, his selection has been in the works for weeks.

“I was on a plane reading an article [about Klug], and it really struck a chord with me,” Sox scouting director Nick Hostetler said. “Kevin was fully on board and we wanted to make sure it was something Matthew would be encouraged by. To do something to help a kid who has been through what he has, you’re proud you can do it.”

When Burrell called Wednesday to tell him he had been drafted, Klug broke down in tears.

“I was speechless,” said Klug, who will get a jersey and other gifts from the Sox. “My coach knew it for about a month. What I’ve gone through, it just meant everything to me.”