yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Clearly mentioning a bid that low would do nothing for Machado’s camp .So if they didn’t leak it, who did?

The one thing I would worry about is if they suspect the Sox are leaking this to try to suppress higher bids, if  ultimately the bids are similar, they may hold this against the team. But it could be anyone leaking. 

I kind of like the ideas that it was Lozano or Boras, but anyone that doesn't think Lozano was calling out the Sox here is in denial.

Just now, Rowand44 said:

Please provide an update on that shit show.

I'd really rather not listen. Was hoping someone else would but if I must.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Machado's going to go on TV and rip up the Sox contract offer and throw it in the garbage in front of Yankee Stadium.

Is this why I just saw Alonso and Jay get DFA'd?

Everyone calm down, there is no way that statement was a shot at the White Sox. It does not read that way at all, and there is no way the 7 years 175 million leak came from the Sox as it is not beneficial to the White Sox in any way.

Looking at national boards like r/baseball not a single person there is claiming or thinks it a shot at Sox either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sockin said:

lol completely understandable.

17 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Bruce should just stop tweeting about this.  Maybe he can speculate Harper to the Cubs for a while.

I usually defend Bruce a bit, but he seems to think the more money deferred, the higher the present day market value. 

Edited by Dick Allen

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

It's called taking one for the team.  You've got this

8 minutes ago, SoCalSox said:

Is this the 5th account in a week's span that is now claiming to have sources, while just joining the board? Why is this becoming such a trend. 

Probably because WSD gave props to a poster in here for having sources

No problem. Enjoy playing magnet to positive reports. I made it clear that i dont know anything definitive

3 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Well since we are going over where we are from, is anyone near DeKalb?

I go out there all the time

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Clearly mentioning a bid that low would do nothing for Machado’s camp .So if they didn’t leak it, who did?

The one thing I would worry about is if they suspect the Sox are leaking this to try to suppress higher bids, if  ultimately the bids are similar, they may hold this against the team. But it could be anyone leaking. 

Maybe the  Russians

I still ask my self who has to benefit from the initial Onley report of 175 million and to me it seems like Machado’s camp would benefit the most. It would be a good way to get teams to check in and drive interest. I think his agent is just trying to cover his ass a little. Who knows at this point though. 

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I have this concern too. While I totally believe sox knocked down the years of deal thing yesterday, I don't think sox ever want exact terms of what they are working on leaked. But it could definitely be seen that way.

Just now, IowaPG said:

No problem. Enjoy playing magnet to positive reports. I made it clear that i dont know anything definitive

Then why post stuff like you do?

Not trying to be a jerk. I just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Maybe the White Sox can get Pitbull to throw out the first pitch and sing the national anthem on opening day.

Edited by TomPickle
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

Hearing deal is not close at all. All teams in on manny upset with the media. Talks have stalled

LOL 👌

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

I bet Manny announces via the Players Tribune

Make the announcement through deadspin since they love the idea of Manny and the Sox so much.