WhiteSox @ Cubs | 7.19.20 | 7:05PM

Whisox05

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

sorry I meant 3B.  You get maybe half a win more at CF and as I mentioned Moncada can get on base 40% of the time.  Even in his prime Robert will struggle with a .340 OBP.

Robert is his own player.  So is Yoan.  Yoan has already done quite a bit at the MLB level.  Robert hasn't done anything and it's not fair to compare them.

I'm not sure we can make any predictions on Roberts peak OBP. Pitchers might find out very fast not to throw him strikes. He's going to see more sliders and curves away than Eloy did and that's saying something. He's going to be forced to take walks. The good thing is they cannot pitch around the whole lineup and that will help Robert .

Maybe we're all being cautious in our appraisals . We aren't used to having a superstar type who does everything well and that could be Robert and also Moncada.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm not sure we can make any predictions on Roberts peak OBP. Pitchers might find out very fast not to throw him strikes. He's going to see more sliders and curves away than Eloy did and that's saying something. He's going to be forced to take walks. The good thing is they cannot pitch around the whole lineup and that will help Robert .

Maybe we're all being cautious in our appraisals . We aren't used to having a superstar type who does everything well and that could be Robert and also Moncada.

i agree, cheers.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

50 is expecting a bit too much.

Let’s just go with 35 to low 40’s per season...those would still be a HoF trajectory, with all the other tools he brings to the table.

I don’t think 50 is expecting too much. I think he will be a 35-45 homer guy with regularity and sprinkle in a season or two with 50+.

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

it's just odds, if you're putting up 10 war before 22, I don't care if Luis Robert does exist, Acuna Jr was doing it when Robert was rehabbing a thumb.  Anyways, I love our guys but Acuna Jr is special and at this moment is already a superstar.  Robert just can be one.

No question Acuna is a star but I think Robert is going to be better in the very near future.