8-23 GT: Sox @ Cubs (1:20pm)

3 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

There is no way the team can keep up this home run barrage. One sign of a good team is the ability to win low-scoring games. A 3-2 type of win would look good.

I think the ball is going to be flying out of the park today on both sides. Day game/ beautiful weather....it’s going to be a slugfest this afternoon 

16 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yep, anything today is just gravy at this point. Just no injuries is all I ask. 

The Sox are living rent free in the Cubs heads at this point, so I won't be totally shocked if we give them another shellacking but just to get 2 wins in Wrigley is great by itself.

No injuries, don’t get no hit

18 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'd like to see us do another bullpen style day, this time with our good guys since we are off tomorrow. Cease until he sucks, and then Foster, Det, Burdi, etc. 

Detwiler should be first out of the pen.  Definitely not a game to let Cease allow crooked numbers

Just now, fathom said:

His command against their patient lefties seems like a very bad mix.  

Maybe it’s the momentum from the last 2 nights but I just feel like the Cubs offense is out of sync and if he can control his pitches it’s going to be a long day for them. Hopefully he can control his emotions going against his former team and keep this winning streak alive.

36 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Maybe it’s the momentum from the last 2 nights but I just feel like the Cubs offense is out of sync and if he can control his pitches it’s going to be a long day for them. Hopefully he can control his emotions going against his former team and keep this winning streak alive.

Yeah but if Cease isn't throwing strikes today the Cubs offense will score on him. 

14 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

This was a Bruce moment.  There was zero intent, 100% accidental idiocy

12 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yeah, it was just a mistake. He is the least most controversial person around. 

The thing is, he didn't retweet it. He uploaded the photograph, so he had it in his phone, lol

• Thanks 2

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

The thing is, he didn't retweet it. He uploaded the photograph, so he had it in his phone, lol

I guess I meant he didn't mean to send it out. I'm sure he has opinions on things, he just does nothing controversial in his work. He had the picture but it was a mistake to send it out.

His work is plenty controversial for how many fact errors he has on the regular.

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I guess I meant he didn't mean to send it out. I'm sure he has opinions on things, he just does nothing controversial in his work. He had the picture but it was a mistake to send it out.

• Like 1