9-23 Game Thread: Sox @ Cleveland (5:10 PM)

SoxBlanco

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

💯

The talent was winning despite him.  He has no answers and it shows.  

Yep. Barring a deep run in the playoffs, there's no way Ricky is coming back to take us to the next level. CUBS II.  Hahn has some soul searching to do for the lack of deadline support added and the debacle at DH and RF.

• Like 1

sox worried about being healthy, not falling out of top 4 seeding. 

Someone called these the highest leverage innings of the year lol. Its very clear the sox don't feel that way. They'd rather have their bullpen guys healthy in a week. 

Have at it eberyone.

The offense is the concern. They got 5 days to find their timing l.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, harkness99 said:

We are great against bad pitching or mediocre pitching.

Put up good pitchers and we don't score - its been that way all year.  The thing that has helped us is we have had good pitching as well much of the year.

We need a RF, a DH that can hit, we need Luis of 1st 40 games, we need Yo Yo of last year, we have 4 huge holes in the line up right now

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

We need a RF, a DH that can hit, we need Luis of 1st 40 games, we need Yo Yo of last year, we have 4 huge holes in the line up right now

1. Robert

2. Moncada

3/4. Mazara/EE

5.  Grandal isn't exactly lighting it up....he's been "okay" at best, overall, in the same way that David Robertson was "okay" considering how much he was being paid.  He's definitely not KILLING the team, but he's far from the best catcher in baseball that his statistics recently would have indicated, with the exception of Realmuto in PHILLY.

This was the 13th game in a row. Guys are tired and there are no opportunities to catch a breather, let some soreness work itself out, or have a day to clear your head by not going to the ballpark.  It’s tough to maintain dominance during a stretch of 17 straight games.  In fact, it’s pretty much absolute bullshit that MLB is doing this to them. 

That said, you can’t have managerial incompetence piling onto an already difficult situation. Fucking Jose Ruiz?  Gio Gonzalez?  Trying to close out extra inning or tied games?  Seriously!?  

Abysmal management and decision making. There has to be a reckoning this offseason. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Perma sunshine blowers are wild man.  It's like being a perma bull or bear in the market.  Adjust to the fucking data in front of you.  You see any reason to blow sunshine after this past week?  Sorry but "the sox aren't trying that hard to win" isn't the gotcha you think it is.

I’ve watched enough baseball to know teams go through funks and not lose my shit at every one.  They have a couple days do figure it out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Perma sunshine blowers are wild man.  It's like being a perma bull or bear in the market.  Adjust to the fucking data in front of you.  You see any reason to blow sunshine after this past week?  Sorry but "the sox aren't trying that hard to win" isn't the gotcha you think it is.

you speak in nonsense sometimes. Did you think this was a .695 team before the season? Lol

Even now they'd be on pace to win 98 games. This is called a baseball. It has ups and downs. Did you expect them to be a 98 win team? Lol its so hilarious to read all these takes. Everyone who projected the sox to won 98 games before the season raise your hand.

Bad losses happen to every team

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mqr said:

I’ve watched enough baseball to know teams go through funks and not lose my shit at every one.  They have a couple days do figure it out. 

So have I.  Thing is, the manager ain't changing.  The player will bust out of their slumps I have no doubt, if not in this year's playoffs than going forward.  But think is other teams are trying to win too and have pro players -- and they have managers not actively hurting their cause. This is just highlighting a massive problem and that is the manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

This was the 13th game in a row. Guys are tired and there are no opportunities to catch a breather, let some soreness work itself out, or have a day to clear your head by not going to the ballpark.  It’s tough to maintain dominance during a stretch of 17 straight games.  In fact, it’s pretty much absolute bullshit that MLB is doing this to them. 

That said, you can’t have managerial incompetence piling onto an already difficult situation. Fucking Jose Ruiz?  Gio Gonzalez?  Trying to close out extra inning or tied games?  Seriously!?  

Abysmal management and decision making. There has to be a reckoning this offseason.  

Yet if you were to conduct a poll RIGHT now, 90+% would still expect Renteria and Cooper to both be back next season, along with McEwing...god knows what's going on with Robert/Moncada, but it's hard for me to blame Menechino with the offensive numbers the team has put together this year, especially considering the Hahn FA acquisitions other than Keuchel and McCann has been BOTTOM 3 in all of MLB since he started as a GM with the now infamous Jeff Keppinger acquisition.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

you speak in nonsense sometimes. Did you think this was a .695 team before the season? Lol

Even now they'd be on pace to win 98 games. This is called a baseball. It has ups and downs. Did you expect them to bee a 98 win team? Lol its so hilarious to read all these takes 

Bad losses happen to every team

This offense has fallen apart though. I get what you’re saying about the roller coaster aspect of the season, but they will be done a week from today if some of these hitters don’t turn it around.