YourWhatHurts

Tony La Russa named Manager

1 minute ago, 102605 said:

Horrible but there is a huge silver lining here.  This means the Bulls might get Phil Jackson back someday!!!!

jackson_110607.jpg

He looked like Borat back then. He looks like Colonel Sanders now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Or the White Sox literally said - we aren't going to put Hinch/Cora on our list.  I don't get why it is so unfathomable that such was the case, despite all the various media reports anyway. I mean - people are just overreacting like crazy. Lets take a second and here TLR speak and RH speak, etc.  Lets see how this plays out.

Again - It isn't the move I would have made, but I've said all along, I wouldn't have hired Hinch or Cora either - I don't want those guys.  What they did is flat out different than the steroid era. I see a bunch of absurd hot takes in here and I think a lot of people are going to be wrong on this. If they are right - well than KW, RH, and JR didn't ask TLR the right questions to begin with as part of the interview process. I have to think these highly qualified people would have at least done that and I have to imagine KW / RH have their own direct views as well. 

What are the absurd hot takes

Just now, almagest said:

Not as the #3 but if he's the 5th starter I'm ok with it. Maybe he can help reintroduce the curveball to the franchise.

I wouldn't have an issue with him as our 5 either but that's why I specifically said 3.  Like, we can cross Stroman off the list already so it's down to Bauer or ??????? Obviously we can trade for someone but we'll see.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There are a lot of things to worry about, but my god the thought of La Russa getting say on personnel decisions is a fucking nightmare.  Sorry to be cold, but Jerry Reinsdorf can’t die soon enough.

Tony LaRussa is absolutely going to have the final say on personnel decisions. The former GM/now assistant GM opposed this move and it was driven by others - so if LaRussa and Assistant GM Hahn have a disagreement on a player's use or on an acquisition, it's already clear that the owner will come down on LaRussa's side. 

4 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Agree. It's not the end of the world.  Maybe they feared backlash of hiring Hinch,

As if those were the only two options.