The TLR Manager Thread

chitownsportsfan

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

As Mercedes broke into his home run trot, La Russa said he was looking angrily at him.

“I was upset because that's not a time to swing 3-0,” La Russa said. “I happened to look over there, and I know the Twins knew that I was upset. [Third-base coach] Joe [McEwing] had given the take sign. I just think that Yermín was locked in. He and Astudillo, they know each other from different competitions. He was locked in and [thinking], ‘I've got to get him, I've got to get him.’

But he missed a 3-0 [take] sign with that kind of lead. That's just sportsmanship and respect for the game and respect for your opponent. He made a mistake. So there'll be a consequence that he has to endure here within our family. But it won't happen again because Joe will be on the lookout, and I will be, too, and we'll go running in front of the pitcher if we have to.”

Mercedes’ comments about having to be Yermín and not changing his ways were not agreed upon by La Russa.

“I heard he said something like, ‘I play my game.’ No, he doesn't,” La Russa said. “He plays the game of Major League Baseball, respects the game, respects the opponents. And he's got to respect the signs. When he gets the take sign, he takes. He's in there today, so the consequence is not sitting him down. It's a learning experience.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/tony-la-russa-yermin-mercedes-on-3-0-swing

So it's confirmed Yermin didn't blatantly ignore the take sign he just missed it.

So LaRussa got angry over a simple missed sign during a meaningless part of a game, made a big issue in public over it, formally apologized to the Twins about it, then did not get angry but actually defended the Twins for throwing at his own player.  

Fuck you, Tony, and fuck you JR.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I had totally forgotten that this thread had initially been started to praise TLR for the moves he'd been making early in the season.  Good Shit indeed 🤣

That same poster has gone on to praise his man management as recently as this past week. I am hopeful the stubbornness for some posters will continue because I need a good laugh every now and then!

• Haha 2

It's remarkable to me that if Yermin had gone up there and just stood there like a pitcher in 2021 and struck out on 3 pitches down the heart of the plate he'd be respecting the game far more than hitting that homerun according to TLR.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Madrigal Mystery Tour said:

What a joke. The Twins decided to let a position player pitch.

THAT is disrespecting the game and the opposition.  The 49mph joke of a pitch dude tried to clown Yermin with is disrespectful.  

• Like 1

Just now, Kalapse said:

It's remarkable to me that if Yermin had gone up there and just stood there like a pitcher in 2021 and struck out on 3 pitches down the heart of the plate he'd be respecting the game far more than hitting that homerun according to TLR.

WE CAN'T LET THE PLAYERS RUN THE ASYLUM! 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That same poster has gone on to praise his man management as recently as this past week. I am hopeful the stubbornness for some posters will continue because I need a good laugh every now and then!

That has been just a little bit...lacking.

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

Remember back in 2006 when the Cardinals and Sox had a completely wild extra inning barn burner when the Cardinals were up big and Iguchi hit a few huge homers and tied the game late.  Just thought about that not don't know why

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Remember back in 2006 when the Cardinals and Sox had a completely wild extra inning barn burner when the Cardinals were up big and Iguchi hit a few huge homers and tied the game late.  Just thought about that not don't know why

Wasn’t that the Astros? 

I remember the Sox put 20 on the Cardinals and then won 1-0 the next day and the Cardinals accused them of stealing signs. 

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

Wasn’t that the Astros? 

I remember the Sox put 20 on the Cardinals and then won 1-0 the next day and the Cardinals accused them of stealing signs. 

Was it?  I thought it was Cardinals but wouldn't be the first time I misremembered something from 15 years ago

6 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

How is no one in the organization telling him to shut the fuck up. He’s just digging himself deeper and deeper. 

That is quite worrying honestly.  Does no one in the FO have that power at this juncture?

Just now, Tnetennba said:

That is quite worrying honestly.  Does no one in the FO have that power at this juncture?

Hahn didn‘t even have the power to block hiring him. Everyone was able to see that he rather wanted to be literally anywhere else on tlr‘s introductory presser. 

Tlr reports directly to JR and nobody else in the org-