Indians @ Sox, 4/30

Bob Sacamano

I just don’t get pinch hitting for Vaughn. That just opens you up to criticism which is entirely avoidable. We’d all rather see Vaughn get ABs instead of Leury.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

I get Leury isn’t a power guy, but he did have a great day yesterday and they need baserunners. It wasn’t completely stupid to pinch hit him there.

Leury is not good. What he did yesterday means nothing. Certainly not more than his entire career and this year and beyond. You took out a plus hitter who has been hitting everything he makes contact with hard, for Leury Garcia. It's just a damn joke at this point.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sj91 said:

I just don’t get pinch hitting for Vaughn. That just opens you up to criticism which is entirely avoidable. We’d all rather see Vaughn get ABs instead of Leury.

I wonder if this will be Tony's first explosion when media asks him about batting for Vaughn. They know why he did it but have to ask. Tony wanted to move the line with singles then have Timmy hit a gapper.

Just now, Greydawgfan1 said:

I mean doing that is about as bad as batting abreu 4th

Ha, you’re either trolling or as bad as all of us.  There’s a better chance of Madrigal hitting a homer than Abreu ever getting moved down.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Vaughn was having a tough day and Garcia had a good day yesterday.  

I am not a fan of that move but it is what it is.

Nice to see Bummer and Foster do well and Dallas settle down. 

Collins had an even better day and can tie the game up.  Lamb at least has some power. You’re not going to get 4-5 hits in an inning off a guy like that. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic