5/18 White Sox @ Twins 6:40 PM

bmags

2 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

don't think you're gonna see very many games where Collins, Mercedes, and Grandal are all in the same lineup

That's true, but if whoever is catching gets hurt, you just swap whoever is at first to C and you still keep the DH. Could get away with it once in a while but you're right, not frequently.

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

"Good job in the 2 hole, Nicky. Now enjoy going back down to the bottom of the order. I have a real experienced veteran there tonight, in Lamb!"

He should know by now that TLR has a RHP lineup and a LHP lineup. It shouldn't be a surprise.

• Like 1

You see LaRussa saw Lamb hit that weak popup in the 9th and figured we better get him some more reps to knock off that rust....I also welcome Jake to hit a 1st inning home run to put me in my place.

Obviously Lamb will hit another homer.

I think he should play against righties, eventually he should get up to career norms, but this 2-hole stuff...especially with his 30% k-rate this year, is just so dumb.

so, looking at splits...after you get past our core guys who maybe tony doesn't want to move around the heart of the order...there aren't many great options, so lamb isn't horrendous. But Mendick in a small sample size has been better against RHP than LHP. 

But if you still aren't comfortable with Mendick in the OF...I see how you get here. Hamilton is unplayable vs. Righties, so Garcia has to be CF. Abreu out means Vaughn needs to be 1b. 

So anyway, I'll actually say this isn't the worst decision, but I'd rather play Mendick in LF and also just do 

TA

Moncada

Mercedes

Grandal

Eaton

Madrigal

Vaughn

Mendick

Garcia

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I‘d rather have Lamb at the plate than Billy. At least  even this version of Lamb can run into one. 

Billy Hamilton is uber playable vs. lefties, and has a 26 wRC+ against Righties.

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

so, looking at splits...after you get past our core guys who maybe tony doesn't want to move around the heart of the order...there aren't many great options, so lamb isn't horrendous. But Mendick in a small sample size has been better against RHP than LHP. 

But if you still aren't comfortable with Mendick in the OF...I see how you get here. Hamilton is unplayable vs. Righties, so Garcia has to be CF. Abreu out means Vaughn needs to be 1b. 

So anyway, I'll actually say this isn't the worst decision, but I'd rather play Mendick in LF and also just do 

TA

Moncada

Mercedes

Grandal

Eaton

Madrigal

Vaughn

Mendick

Garcia

I'd play Hamilton over leury everyday. Not getting much at the plate from either but at least Hamilton is an elite defender in center. 

Don't really care about batting order a lot but sure would love to see Vaughn or grandal in the two hole.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'd play Hamilton over leury everyday. Not getting much at the plate from either but at least Hamilton is an elite defender in center. 

Don't really care about batting order a lot but sure would love to see Vaughn and grandal in the two hole.

I don’t think it’s legal to have two hitters in the batter‘s box at the same time 😛

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Don't really care about batting order a lot but sure would love to see Vaughn or grandal in the two hole.

I said the same about Grandal. If he's not going to do much else with the bat other than take pitches and walk, hit him second and let him take a bunch of pitches so the rest of the team can see a lot of pitches early. Also, maybe he gets better pitches to hit.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I would probably play Hamilton every day in CF too. I just don't think people realize that Lamb being less bad vs. RHP this year actually makes him one of our better hitters vs. RHP, and career-wise he's been plus against RHP.

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I don’t think it’s legal to have two hitters in the batter‘s box at the same time 😛

I heard Manfred is thinking about testing that in the Carolina League to see if it will speed up play.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

I said the same about Grandal. If he's not going to do much else with the bat other than take pitches and walk, hit him second and let him take a bunch of pitches so the rest of the team can see a lot of pitches early. Also, maybe he gets better pitches to hit.

Eaton, Grandal...both would be fine. Eaton especially would clearly be a good 2 hole batter for today with how he's come on lately.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Would ya look at that. Much ado about nothing. 

No one thought maybe Yermin was a little ticked at getting shit from Minny players and Eaton was just telling him to chill out and continue being you. It's impossible to know what they said anyways

Edit: Or it was his manager giving him shit 🤣

Edited by YoYoIsMyHero