Burger called up

59 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It would be easier for you to say "I was wrong and made many absurd comments about the personal life and mindset of Jake Burger" but instead you doubled down like the champ you are!

I've only said that on about half a dozen posts.  If you did more than just cntr-f for my posts and other "gotcha" moments on this forum you'd know that.  You're a pest dude, all you do is troll.  On topics you've personally been wrong about you never, ever offer any thoughts.  On topics in which you personally don't have a beef with a poster (of which you have many, you know what they say about assholes in the morning and all day) you're usually nowhere to be found.

You're a middle aged man, like myself, that has a career and other interests and yet unlike myself you seem to have the posting mentality of a 15 year old on reddit armed with a downvote and some circle jerk coins.

Go read my posts on Burger.  I was wrong.  And if you know anything about my posting history here beyond your superficial, puerile harvesting for gotcha takes you'd have read my multiple posts not only saying I was wrong but that I am looking forward to personally apologizing to Jake when I see him on a MLB field.

Honestly dude go fuck yourself you're such a worthless poster.  You're the Soxtalk equivalent of Josh Donaldson.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 3

38 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

No way! Gallo may hit HR's but he is a .239 hitter. Plus we already have a CF, when Robert comes back. 

Gallo is primarily a RF plus he has 20 HR's hits LH and is a very good defensively while also being under contract  (arbitration eligible) for 2022. Almost .900 OPS 145 OPS+

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Gallo is primarily a RF plus he has 20 HR's hits LH and is a very good defensively while also being under contract  (arbitration eligible) for 2022. Almost .900 OPS 145 OPS+

It's probably an irrelevant point because the post was to trade Jake Burger and Jace Fry for Joey Gallo. Texas would demand a lot more than those two for Gallo. Anyway with Eloy and Robert due back by as early as late July, we don't need a right fielder or center fielder.

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It's probably an irrelevant point because the post was to trade Jake Burger and Jace Fry for Joey Gallo. Texas would demand a lot more than those two for Gallo. Anyway with Eloy and Robert due back by as early as late July, we don't need a right fielder or center fielder.

But the Sox do need power and RF and 2nd base are the only 2 positions you can put acquired power. If the Sox had to eat Eaton's contract or dump Lamb and Goodwin it wouldn't be that hard to do.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I've only said that on about half a dozen posts.  If you did more than just cntr-f for my posts and other "gotcha" moments on this forum you'd know that.  You're a pest dude, all you do is troll.  On topics you've personally been wrong about you never, ever offer any thoughts.  On topics in which you personally don't have a beef with a poster (of which you have many, you know what they say about assholes in the morning and all day) you're usually nowhere to be found.

You're a middle aged man, like myself, that has a career and other interests and yet unlike myself you seem to have the posting mentality of a 15 year old on reddit armed with a downvote and some circle jerk coins. 

Go read my posts on Burger.  I was wrong.  And if you know anything about my posting history here beyond your superficial, puerile harvesting for gotcha takes you'd have read my multiple posts not only saying I was wrong but that I am looking forward to personally apologizing to Jake when I see him on a MLB field.

Honestly dude go fuck yourself you're such a worthless poster.  You're the Soxtalk equivalent of Josh Donaldson.

You won't see me make personal judgements, critiques and assumption about an athlete that I do not know and ridicule them so we don't really have similar situations of being wrong. You try to psychoanalyze players and their drive/effort. That's not my jam.

Weird flex here though, if you can't laugh at yourself then what can you laugh at? Have a great holiday weekend, buddy!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

If Texas would make that trade of Burger and Fry for Gallo, I think the Sox would make it. With Gallo's LH bat in RF, you wouldn't need to do much to fill this year's hole at 2ND base. You could bring up Beckham, or use Mendick. The lineup would look a lot better with Gallo in it. Next year, you leave Gallo in RF and perhaps by 2023, someone emerges out of the system to take his place. 

Edited by Lillian

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

But the Sox do need power and RF and 2nd base are the only 2 positions you can put acquired power. If the Sox had to eat Eaton's contract or dump Lamb and Goodwin it wouldn't be that hard to do.

We have enough hitting. Don't forget we play in a really weak division. When Robert and Eloy are back we will have plenty of power added back. What the Sox don't need, is to give away a ton of future prospects for short term rentals. Madrigal will be back next year and we'll be fine at 2B for years to come. Yes we need a RF, but its not worth giving up good prospects for the future. Although a outfield of Eloy, Robert and Vaughn may not be that strong defensively, it could potentially hit for average and power. 

MLB teams are only going to give away their upcoming FA's they are about to lose to salvage some prospects. Players like Gallo on partial friendly contracts will cost you more quality prospects. 

The Sox under Kenny Williams always gave away prospects in trades, I like the way Hahn is building the team with the prospects from our own system and going for only the occasional trade or FA signing. 

The Tampa Bay Rays make the playoffs consistently and they do with mostly their farm system. 

9 minutes ago, Lillian said:

If Texas would make that trade of Burger and Fry for Gallo, I think the Sox would make it. With Gallo's LH bat in RF, you wouldn't need to do much to fill this year's hole at 2ND base. You could bring up Beckham, or use Medick. The lineup would look a lot better with Gallo in it. Next year, you leave Gallo in RF and perhaps by 2023, someone emerges out of the system to take his place. 

Of course the Sox would do the trade. News Flash to all who love this potential trade...it's not happening! As bad of a franchise as Texas is, they are not dumb enough to do that deal. The Sox would have to throw in a lot more players and it's not worth it. 

Last time Fry was on the team he really wasn't a good relief pitcher. Last year in 18 games: 19.2 inn, 16 hits, 12 BB, 1.42 Whip and ERA of 3.66. Burger hasn't played a single game yet in the MLB. Yes great potential for Burger, but no guarantee. That trade would be the ultimate fleecing of all time. LOL!

16 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

We have enough hitting. Don't forget we play in a really weak division. When Robert and Eloy are back we will have plenty of power added back. What the Sox don't need, is to give away a ton of future prospects for short term rentals. Madrigal will be back next year and we'll be fine at 2B for years to come. Yes we need a RF, but its not worth giving up good prospects for the future. Although a outfield of Eloy, Robert and Vaughn may not be that strong defensively, it could potentially hit for average and power. 

MLB teams are only going to give away their upcoming FA's they are about to lose to salvage some prospects. Players like Gallo on partial friendly contracts will cost you more quality prospects. 

The Sox under Kenny Williams always gave away prospects in trades, I like the way Hahn is building the team with the prospects from our own system and going for only the occasional trade or FA signing. 

The Tampa Bay Rays make the playoffs consistently and they do with mostly their farm system. 

I think you are one a very few who think the Sox have enough hitting especially power LH hitting. They also don't have enough relief pitching. The weak division is secondary . Unless there is a total collapse by the Sox they are winning the division. The concerns are more about going way beyond winning the division.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think you are one a very few who think the Sox have enough hitting especially power LH hitting. They also don't have enough relief pitching. The weak division is secondary . Unless there is a total collapse by the Sox they are winning the division. The concerns are more about going way beyond winning the division.

Precisely. If the goal were merely to win the division, the Sox don't need to do anything. However, if they have serious aspirations to go for a title, Gallo would help tremendously, both this year and next. Moreover, with Gallo in RF next year, the Sox would not need to add any position players, next year, leaving more money to resign either Carlos or Lance.

Edited by Lillian

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well if it's not enough hitting, then how do you explain 48-32 16 games over .500. MLB stats against 30 teams, 2nd in OBP, 6th in Runs per games, 5th in BA and Run Diff of +95 which is tied for 3rd.

You say our division is secondary. Are you kidding me. It's the worst division in baseball and the reason we are 5 games in front. Only team in any division with a bigger lead is Milwaukee at 6.5 games up. Btw, the next 9 games are against Detroit, 36-45, Baltimore, 27-54 and then Minnesota 33-46. So please don't tell me playing in our central division is secondary. 

Our team has probably near the top for most injuries in baseball, definitely most injuries for core players. Yet we are still in first and Eloy and Robert are back around the end of this month.

I agree its more than winning the division and going for the World Series. That is why when we get Eloy and Robert get back, we can do exactly that. 

As much as I like the hire of Tony, I am sad/mad at what happened to Yermin, culminating in his being demoted. It looked like he was a lock to be an all-star. He was going to be the story of the season. Then Tony has to lay into him after he whacks 'the homer' off the position player. Tony picked the wrong kid to light up. He's been pathetic ever since and Tony is not a dummy. Deep down he has to feel some regret in his possibly ruining a guy's season if not career. Yermin has been abysmal since the national dressing down of Yermin.

That said ... good luck Mr. Burger. Hit some bombs, baby.

• Fire 1

World Series Lineup vs. RHP:

SS  Anderson

3B  Moncada

1B  Abreu

RF  Gallo

DH  Eloy

CF   Robert

C    Grandal

2B   Beckham (He would only receive $1.3 million, if he is added to the MLB roster)

LF    Eaton or Engel, which ever one is healthy and producing

Edited by Lillian

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

As much as I like the hire of Tony, I am sad/mad at what happened to Yermin, culminating in his being demoted. It looked like he was a lock to be an all-star. He was going to be the story of the season. Then Tony has to lay into him after he whacks 'the homer' off the position player. Tony picked the wrong kid to light up. He's been pathetic ever since and Tony is not a dummy. Deep down he has to feel some regret in his possibly ruining a guy's season if not career. Yermin has been abysmal since the national dressing down of Yermin.

That said ... good luck Mr. Burger. Hit some bombs, baby.

I agree with you that TLR probably had some major doing in Yermin falling completely apart, after he tore him apart mentally in front of the nation. However, I hope Yermin takes this a mission to prove TLR wrong. Hopefully in the off season he can work on losing weight and working some processional trainers to get in better shape and work on his weaknesses at catching, in order to make it back up here or with some other team as a catcher than can hit and not DH. 

I also agree with you, good luck Jake Burger and catch fire and be the guy that we drafted #1. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

So I'm guessing Burger is more than willing to give up his spot on the MiLB Futures Game roster if that means he's on the big league roster.

Silly game, or a lifetime of health insurance.....hmm