GT 7/9: SOX @ BAL, 6:05

9 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I compared career comparable pitchers, based on the argument "they are the same pitchers". One has a bWAR three times as high, they are nowhere close to being the same pitcher.

I said they were similar. Buerhle did it forever. Doesn't change change similarities. No idea why someone would get so offended. Buerhle was better since he did it for 18 years, but keuchel has a similar style of pitching. Jfc

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I said they were similar. Buerhle did it forever. Doesn't change change similarities. No idea why someone would get so offended. Buerhle was better since he did it for 18 years, but keuchel has a similar style of pitching. Jfc

Keuchel would have had a 4.3 ERA in Buehrle's days. Offenses were just better. 

Keuchel's numbers are inflated by the run scoring environment of the last 7 years or so. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Why is not Collins starting against the righty.  Zavala can’t hit.

Day game after a night game tomorrow, and he's the persona catcher for Rodon & Gio. They want him catching Gio's start.

Edited by maxjusttyped

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I compared career comparable pitchers, based on the argument "they are the same pitchers". One has a bWAR three times as high, they are nowhere close to being the same pitcher.

He said they are similar. Similar does not mean the same. Why you making up quotes now? If he was the same pitcher he’d be retired. He’s a similar type pitcher with similar stuff, who has had similar seasons.

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Buehrle accumulated nearly 3 times as many win shares. His similar pitchers are hall of fame / near hall of fame.

Look at their peak years per JAWS,

• Mark 35.8 seven year peak (91st overall JAWS rank),
  • Dallas 22.4 seven year peak (435th overall JAWS rank).

@Vulture- They are not similar or same, or even close.

I can't believe any Sox fan thinks Dallas Keuchel is anywhere in the same universe. The only "similarity" is they don't throw hard and they both played for the White Sox.

Edited by South Side Hit Men