GT 7/9: SOX @ BAL, 6:05

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The spin rate on Kopech's fastball is up slightly, likely because this is the hardest he's thrown all year. His combination of velocity and natural spin has to be in the 99th percent tile of baseball.

He'd have Bauer like spin rates if he used whatever Bauer used. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Imagine how filthy Kopech is going to be in a multi inning role this postseason.

I would start Kopech in the postseason. I trust him way more than Cease or Keuchel. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Especially given that he can't throw back to back games. The tlr excuse maker was here for us though  

At this point they should be building him up to be able to go 90 pitches by the end of the season with regularly scheduled work not saving him for high leverage

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

He'd have Bauer like spin rates if he used whatever Bauer used. 

It's interesting to me to see which of the ~95th percent tile or higher guys aren't seeing their spin rates crater. Kopech is one of the few I've noticed so far. That again just reinforces how naturally gifted he is as a pitcher.

Remember in the '05 World Series when Jenks came in for the first time and the parayzed look on Bagwell's face which was absolutely lost trying to make sense of what he was seeing? Kopech could be the starting pitching version of that should we get there this year.

Edited by SpringfieldFan