5/2-Angels vs Sox 1:10 Central Start, Series Finale

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Odd to see Sheets in there today against a lefty when in 15 innings Sandoval hasn't given up a hit to a LHB.

With Mendick sent down and Vaughn unavailable the only other options are Leury and McGuire so that's why.

Edited by CentralChamps21

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

With Mendick sent down and Vaughn unavailable the only other options are Leury and Sheets so that's why.

Really bummed Vaughn has had to sit 3 straight right when he was getting hot.

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

With Mendick sent down and Vaughn unavailable the only other options are Leury and Sheets so that's why.

Right but I was thinking Areu could've played 1st , Burger DH and Leury at 3rd. Leury does supposedly hit better RH. But if the Sox can knock out Sandoval early maybe Maddon throws a RHP in there so Sheets will be good then.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Right but I was thinking Areu could've played 1st , Burger DH and Leury at 3rd. Leury does supposedly hit better RH. But if the Sox can knock out Sandoval early maybe Maddon throws a RHP in there so Sheets will be good then.

Yeah, but then your only bench guys are a C and a DH and I'd rather have Leury available to come in if someone needs to exit early.

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Holy moly. They must have had a team meeting to discuss what a "walk" is.

They are facing a LH. I'm very happy to see the approach by the Sox right now but crushing LHP is nothing new with this team. We know they can do it, which is awesome. 

The problem is 2/3 of the league throws with their right hand the Sox can't seem to figure them out. 

• Like 1