Cleveland at Sox-Game one, 7:10 CT

Just now, hankchifan said:

Yes it is.  But TLR took the 9 th inning for granted when he brought our least experience MLB pitcher, Banks, in the 9 th. To get the 3 most difficult outs in baseball. I would have preferred Ruiz.

Ruiz was out tonight. 

Just now, hankchifan said:

Yes it is.  But TLR took the 9 th inning for granted when he brought our least experience MLB pitcher, Banks, in the 9 th. To get the 3 most difficult outs in baseball. I would have preferred Ruiz.

I can't fault Banks there with 2 errors, one absolutely critical.

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Who do you think would’ve been a better manager for this team? 

Anyone. If you’re putting the bar as low as better  than TLR and not the best fit for the team then literally anyone.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Thanks 2

I'm sure it's happened that the Sox have had rallies like Cleveland had tonight.

But as a Sox fan I'm thinking the Sox go down meekly almost ALL of the time when down by six or more runs in the ninth. Cmon. You almost have to try to blow a lead that big with three outs to go. The Sox looked like clowns on defense that half inning and you could smell trouble with the team kicking the ball around like the Bad News Bears. Tony is wrong about the defense.

When is the last time the Sox rallied from six down in the ninth to win?

Edited by greg775

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Had zero issues with Banks pitching there.

If you can’t be trusted to protect a 6 run lead in the 9th inning, I don’t know what purpose you serve.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

He at least cleared out the entire front office with the Bulls. I'd have to think he would do the same thing if he wants to keep the Sox.

Who cares.  I want a ownership who has more money that will treat the team like a real big market team.

• Like 2

Just now, greg775 said:

I'm sure it's happened that the Sox have had rallies like Cleveland had tonight.

But as a Sox fan I'm thinking the Sox go down meekly almost ALL of the time when down by six or more runs in the ninth. Cmon. You almost have to try to blow a lead that big with three outs to go. The Sox looked like clowns on defense that half inning and you could smell trouble with the team kicking the ball around like the Bad News Bears. Tony is wrong about the defense.

Tony needs to go, plain and simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Who do you think would’ve been a better manager for this team? 

How about a guy who fits the description of who Hahn was looking for at the presser announcing the Renteria firing?  And that description definitely did not fit LaRussa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

If Tanner Banks can't be trusted holding a 6 run game, then why is he here?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

People said the same thing after the double header from hell.

Neither of those games were like this. 

Somebody mentioned the 2016 game in Texas. This one has THAT ring to it.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

A J Hinch. Alex Cora.  I know their current teams are not doing well now, but they are better managers than TLR.

The manager they let go in 2020 was better than this version of Tony, too

the game past him by over a decade ago & it's obvious to everyone except the one person who's opinion on this actually matters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The manager they let go in 2020 was better than this version of Tony, too

the game past him by over a decade ago & it's obvious to everyone except the one person who's opinion on this actually matters

Due to what happened, people won’t remember he pitched to Ramirez with an open base.

Not mad at TLR for the minor moves (pitching to Naylor etc). The lack of preparation and consistency is atrocious though. TA shouldn't be playing the way he is on defense. The team needs to take pitches while hitting.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

How about a guy who fits the description of who Hahn was looking for at the presser announcing the Renteria firing?  And that description definitely did not fit LaRussa.

Renteria was not that bad IMO. Tony is a good manager. He just has an injured team with holes. He's still probably over the long haul going to lead this team to the division title. Tonight was the worst loss of his tenure except for last postseason. But the team figures to wake up once it learns the Central Division teams have the Sox number and it will take extra effort to beat them. The fact the Sox only get up for games outside the division is sad.

• Haha 1