5/16 Sox @ Royals 7:10PM CT

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Watched replay of the big hit. It barely hit the bottom of the wall.  Vaughn just jogged back there.  This defense was so much better when he was out.

Any competent outfielder catches that ball. It's a poorly constructed roster being managed by a guy who got passed by decades ago.

• Like 3

Up 3-0 in the fricken 8th. Take a shower the game. More bad play. How does the HOF guy have this team ready to play? Should be you don't hustle you sit. I wonder if this team really wants Tony here 

WTF is wrong with DJ, he's become a huge homer lately.  He said at the beginning of the game that the Sox "proved they could hang with the Yankees this weekend" and literally just said that the Sox have been winning close games all year!

• Fire 1

Just now, JoshPR said:

Up 3-0 in the fricken 8th. Take a shower the game. More bad play. How does the HOF guy have this team ready to play? Should be you don't hustle you sit. I wonder if this team really wants Tony here 

Sure they do, he lets them do whatever they want

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s the worst defensive outfielder I’ve seen in a very long time

Time to try a new plan to let him play 1B or DH. You think they would learn, but I guess this FO and managerial staff are slow learners. These games are getting harder and harder to watch!

Just now, JoshPR said:

There are two people in the world who want Tony managing the Sox and they're the only 2 people who's opinion on it actually matter

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Now we are doing that sacrifice a tie game on the road thing with the pen.

I mean what team pays Joe Kelly $8.5 million per season over multiple seasons not to pitch in these situations?

Because the combo of Rick Hahn and Tony freaking sucks. It’s amazing how shitty this roster is given where last year ended.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

Just now, Green Line said:

WTF is wrong with DJ, he's become a huge homer lately.  He said at the beginning of the game that the Sox "proved they could hang with the Yankees this weekend" and literally just said that the Sox have been winning close games all year!

They have been winning close games all year; they've had to because they can't blow anyone out

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

No one would put a near 80 year old in charge of anything important. Only the Sox.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

There are two people in the world who want Tony managing the Sox and they're the only 2 people who's opinion on it actually matter

Of course. Jerry, Kenny and Hahn. That's 3

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Sure, Pollock is definitely not the best defensive OFer...and he is still light years better than Vaughn. It is the 8th inning, your offense has sucked yet again to scrape out 3 runs, you can't have a defensive liability out there.

A better LF catches that drive.  Engel and possibly Pollock would have caught it.  We only have two good outfielders on the team, Robert and Engel.  We spent all our money on relievers instead.

• Like 2