5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

If the Sox don't pay him, they'll never pay any high end SP.

seems harsh to judge him when he's coming off COVID and looks like a ghost on the mound right now.

Wheeler/Tanaka lol.  We definitely lead the majors in second and third pose finishes on $100+ million contracts.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Wheeler/Tanaka lol.  We definitely lead the majors in second and third pose finishes on $100+ million contracts.

I can't imagine the pretzel logic the Sox FO would have to use where paying up for Wheeler made sense but it doesn't for Lucas.

Just now, Green Line said:

Its 2-1.  Giolito has given up 1 run in 3 innings - I call that a 3.00 ERA.  All the angst here is misdirected, should be at the DAMN OFFENSE!

Sure but KC sucks.  Granted Merrifield and Witt Jr. are at least legit big league players.

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Its 2-1.  Giolito has given up 2 run in 3 innings - I call that a okay start.  All the angst here is misdirected, should be at the DAMN OFFENSE!

2 runs in 3 innings is an ERA of 6.

• Like 1

It’s to the point that if this team isn’t going to snap out of it, I hope the bottom falls out sooner rather than later.  The worst thing this organization could do is struggle this year and then try to run it back next year with a similar roster.

• Like 2

• Capn12 unpinned this topic