5/21 Sox @ Yankees | 12:05PM CT | Keuchel vs Cortes

Capn12

10 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Everyone has probably already realized they were both over-hyped.  I was advocating trading both of them over a year ago.

I wouldn't give up on Eloy yet, like to see what he does when healthy for an extended time.

No doubt that the Sox over hyped Moncada, I'll never forget that silly video they put on their website when they called him up to the big club in 2017.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I wouldn't give up on Eloy yet, like to see what he does when healthy for an extended time.

No doubt that the Sox over hyped Moncada, I'll never forget that silly video they put on their website when they called him up to the big club in 2017.

He had that opportunity last year and fizzled.

And even if he's healthy for the rest of this season...not sure by definition that's extended or not.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

What is Moncada's contract situation? Would anyone be dumb enough to trade for him? 

If he’s healthy absolutely. A 4 WAR 3b with his contract and several years of control is a solid player. 

Whether you get a top flight prospect for him would depend on whether someone was desperate for a 3b and how Moncada was hitting at the time.