GT 6/3: SOX @ TB, 6:10 PM CDT, NBCSC

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Where's Stone anyway? Why does someone whose job only requires him to work for six months take so much time off during those six months?

Not that I miss Stone as much as I don't care for Gordon's filling in.

if you're loyal to the sox you can basically do anything short of sustained sexual harassment or embezzlement and keep ur gig.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Where's Stone anyway? Why does someone whose job only requires him to work for six months take so much time off during those six months?

He's 74 years old. I don't blame him for wanting to take a series or two off each month.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

He's 74 years old. I don't blame him for wanting to take a series or two off each month.

I don’t either, but I wish they would find a better stand in.  Beckham is just awful on the ears. 

• Like 5

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

then retire.

i don't see the big deal with him working ~100 games per year or whatever the actual number will end up being, but to each their own. to anyone who watches out of town baseball, it's normal to see other teams booths rotating throughout the year for various reasons.

• Like 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

I don’t either, but I wish they would find a better stand in.  Beckham is just awful on the ears. 

I know we're in agreement on Benetti being very good. Beckham is so bad he can turn Jason into a rough listen. That's basically impossible to do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

When you are in your 70s, your going to be hard pressed to do all of the travel for six months without time off.

Unless you are Tony La Russa.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I know we're in agreement on Benetti being very good. Beckham is so bad he can turn Jason into a rough listen. That's basically impossible to do.

I tuned into the Sox feed for about 30 seconds before I had to switch.  I just can’t listen to fumbling uh’s and um’s for 3 hours. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

if you're loyal to the sox you can basically do anything short of sustained sexual harassment or embezzlement and keep ur gig.

Whats the definition of sustained? Number of occurrences or victims or a combination thereof?

Guess the Brian Ball trainer's lawsuit will put all of that to the test.

This team’s inability to take a walk has almost become a skill at this point. They are putting effort into having the worst AB’s possible. 

And yes Gordon just adds insult to injury watching this team 

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

Tigers -57

White Sox -58

Excitement for tonight.  And Bieber with a no hitter at Baltimore into the 6th.

Twins have four guys already on the restricted list just for today. Ex Sox Ian Hamilton on their current roster now.i

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1